street legal

yb200

Mar 28, 2008
South Dakota
tomorrow my blasty will once again be street legal, going to the court house to renew my registration and get a new lic plate

been about 4 years since i rode her on the street now i need to find some street tires I:I

That's awesome!! I would love to be able to ride on the main roads, that would cut about 30 minutes round trip when using the blaster for a beer run. LOL

they changed the wording in the law in Iowa to OWI (Operating While Intoxicated) insted of DWI (Driving While Intoxicated). I know of a guy who got an OWI on a schwin.....yeah his bicycle

they changed the wording in the law in Iowa to OWI (Operating While Intoxicated) insted of DWI (Driving While Intoxicated). I know of a guy who got an OWI on a schwin.....yeah his bicycle

That's cool, I do my beer runs while I'm sober I:I After drinking begins all vehicle's are "off limits", unless it's pushing them around in the garage to work on them. ;)

you sir and the whole state of south dakota suck.....damnit im jealous!!!!!! lol

Ditto on that , I'd ride everywhere , even in the damn rain . I emailed the DOT here about the possibility of making atv's street legal , I got back a link to a RCW regarding the local juristiction has the ability to legalize " non highway vehicles for highway use " but the the DMV and the DOT aren't local they are state , so it sounds like the run around , but we shall see .....

That's cool, I do my beer runs while I'm sober I:I After drinking begins all vehicle's are "off limits", unless it's pushing them around in the garage to work on them. ;)

that's good to hear. too many accidents that could've been avoided because people forget to lose their keys after they start lol

We can ride in the city limits in my town. As long as it's registered and has an orange flag. I don't use and orange flag though and haven't been bothered. Mostly golf carts in town use the flags.

w just ride where we want around here, there really are no cops they have to come from a few town away to bother us. but it would be great to not have to look over your shoulder and jsut blend in with traffic lmao.

tomorrow my blasty will once again be street legal, going to the court house to renew my registration and get a new lic plate

been about 4 years since i rode her on the street now i need to find some street tires I:I

Do you have to have turn signals? Head and tail lights? For your safety.

But would be awesome to fly into work on your blasty!!!I:I

Do you have to have turn signals? Head and tail lights? For your safety.

But would be awesome to fly into work on your blasty!!!I:I

south dakota law says

headlight
tail & brake light
mirrior
and horn

i have everything but a horn never ran one before tho either, blasty doesnt have enough juice to power a horn

ill have pics up later of the plate

o yea and the cop in our town actually wants both of us to get our blastys street legal so he has someone to ride with! sd is very lax no vehicle inspections, no emissions BS, and bout any atv can be on the street but you get by the citys they outlaw riding in some ditches.

dont you have to have visable turn signals, mirrors, tires to be legit?? where the hell are you going to put mirrors and signals? post a pic when you get it!!!

you dont need signals, thats what hand signals are for.

i have a little mirror that i had from years back that mounts on the bars and is runner and flexes so it wont break.

all i have to do is pop the mirror on and ride

oh wait i have to get insurence too but thats going to run be 98 bones for the year

i got my plate and sh*t and will post pics later on tonight

oh yeah in the little towns around here they dont care if you run knobbies, but the street is really hard on them

in the city you have to have street tires