stopped running

moodyblaster

Feb 14, 2009
Va.
I recently had a 2002 blaster rebuilt (bottum and top end) and once it was broken in I went on a weekend trip to Busco Beach. While riding over the weekend my blaster just cut off on me and I can not get it to stay running now. I finnaly got it running again but I can only give it but so much throttle before it will just cut off. Once I put it in first and go to take off it also cuts off. I did notice that there was alot of build up on the spark plug when I checked it but not sure whats going on with it. I have changed the plug a couple times and each time there is lesser build up on it. can any one please help.

yes, check to make sure your throttle overide system is disconnected, and if it is, i woulld start by checking your reeds, i had a pedal of the reed break off once, and it started but would not take a load and would shut off, which still makes no sense to me because i would think it wold run superl ean and fast, but give it a try if not let us know

It was bored .50 over and replaced the crank as well it got bent some how... not sure what the tors is, still a little new to me.

sorry, i guess its just oil. I was told that there was a to much oil in it so I drained it and put a little less in it. I was also told that might be where the oil is coming from on the plug, not sure though

oil- theres a glass on the lower side of the motor under the kicker that has marks on it, fill it to the top line
clean the carb you may have sucked up some sand/dirt and plugged a jet, that would also cause the plug to be oily, because the injector is putting in oul but the jet is stopping fuel flow..

I would invest in an oil blockoff kit if i were you and just premix your gas 32:1 or 40:1

well pull your reeds out and check them, as i sat scratching my nuts tuning mine because i had a crac kin my vf3's under where they seet to the cage, and never would have found it if i didn't take the reeds off the cage, too kit out many times to inspect, looked fine. check ur float height you might be overloading with gas, which is flooding it.

Go to rockymountainatv.com and look for the OEM reeds, they come in fiberglass and carbon fiber.. Im using the CF and it runs amazing