Stock Suspension Problem

Hey guys I have a stock suspension and I tried adjusting the front and rear preload because I was bottoming out while using my home track. Here is my problem. Before I adjusted it I could do a 20 ft double no problem. Once I adjusted all the way up it is like jumping a brick. I case that double every time now. Any suggestions, reasons or a guide on how to adjust for what I want?

Are you sure you adjusteded it the right way. The preload adjustment on stock shocks is not very much, it definitely should not make a drastic difference. By the way, softer shocks cause "casing," not stiffer shocks.

Stock shocks aren't gonna help much no matter how you adjust them. I'd recommend upgrading the suspension if you plan on jumping a lot. A 400ex rear shock will help out a ton, and has way more adjustment.

those Kidney Busting stock shocks were never meant to be jumped or mx'd. the 400 ex rear is a great starting point for a rear upgrade. as far as fronts, its a question of what you wanna spend. dont buy into that hype about Banshee shocks being better, its Still a Stock pogo stick with ever so slightly lighter spring rate so they dont hit quite as hard. look around on here and other places and see what aftermarket shock will work best for you and your riding style is your best bet.

I think you would be happy with a set of works steelers if you are just wanting to do some mild jumping. They are 100x better than stock.