Stock stator wattage and voltage

Cam defran

Apr 13, 2019
Green Lane pa
How many watts does a stock stator on my 02 blaster put out? I went and purchased a led light bar that input voltage is 12-24v rated power 18 w will the stock stator power this without a prob?

How many watts does a stock stator on my 02 blaster put out? I went and purchased a led light bar that input voltage is 12-24v rated power 18 w will the stock stator power this without a prob?
I have some led pods on mine and they’ve been working great for over a year now so I think you should be good

@Larry's Shee ... I thought it was 55W?

It better be! Since the stock headlight bulb alone is 45W! :p

The standard tailight is only 4W... However I'd guess that the 18W rating of the light-bar is at the maximum 24V input, so will be much lower power when run at 12V - probably less than 8W at the lower voltage (I'd measure it with a multimeter to confirm this though, if you can). That said, I've got an LED light-bar and runs with no problems, but you will need at least a rectifier in line with the LED bar if you want the LEDs to last.

If you're worried though, just put a lower wattage bulb in your headlight (like 30W instead of 45W) so you can't accidentally overload the system. Me, I just turn my headlight off whenever I brake :rolleyes: