Stock blasty Chain length?

Did you mean just in case or because the longer chains you mentioned is lengths they are commonly sold in?

I was going to order one with 120 links.

Mine will need to be a link or 2 longer than stock because of the 14 sprocket.
Thanks!!

http://www.rockymountainatv.com/pro...ve&webCatId=9&prodFamilyId=2218#vehicleSelect

For 5 bux less you can get an O-ring instead of an X-ring....but X-rings are worth the 5 bux!! Another 20 or so and you can upgrade to alloy sprockets.

This is for stock gearing, not sure where you indicate that you want a different sprocket count. rocky mountain has one of the better quad/bike parts websites out there.....but you'd think that there would be an option to change the tooth count??

yes...stock is 520/92

you dont need an extra link for 14/40 gearing.stock fits perfect..you can also go on ebay and type on did 520/ 92....110...112 or what ever length you want..I just got a did 520/112 for my extended swinger for $32 plus shipping...so aprox $40...which is a good chain and a good price !!!

to cut it down, i just do it the old fasshion redneck way..
a good heavy flathead and a hammer...split the links ya dont need...has always worked for me !!!
or buy a chain tool...up yo u

The length your going to need will depend on your gearing. The best advice would be to buy one on the long side, adjust your tensioner screws all the way out and cut off what you don't need on the chain. Once you ride it for a bit the chain will stretch and you can readjust it.

theres more than one way to skin a cat xjma..what ever works...as far as gearing goes...your either gonna go up one in the front, or smaller in the back..or both..and the stock chain WILL work with those mods..i have 14/40 and my carier is perfectly half way in the sliders on the swinger, i can adjust tighter or looser with plenty of play room. you wil lonly need a longer chain with a swinger extension.
just get a 520/92.
i now have a +4 but just got that installed, havent even ridden on it yet

Blaster chain with extended swing arm

Hey everyone, I just installed a 3" extended swing arm and I need to replace my chain anyway. I know the stock is a 92 link. I was kickin around the idea of changing my sprocket ratios for more power, we do more trails and hills than flat out running.

Can anyone get me in the ball park on the chain length I need to order? I see a few ebay deals..some with good chain and some with crap I am guessing. I would appreciate any info or if there is a general rule on what works as far as adding X amount of inches to the swing arm...adds x # of links. I really don't have a good refernce cause my chain and sprockets were crapped out when we got the quad...chain was stretched to max length on the adjusters.

Thanks!

92 is stock. i have a +4 swinger so i think if i remember right i got a 110 and cut to fit like to 106 or something been awhile so don't remember exactly. just get longer you need and cut to fit. i went on ebay and found a 520 at 110 hd chain for $14 bucks it was a non oring chain because i wanted to have max power at wheels and its been proven on dyno that you lose like a horse power at wheels with o rings that why i bought non oring chain. it's been holding up fine for me.