stock blaster motor 03+

readytorip24

Jul 15, 2013
northeast ohio
ive got 400 and a destroyed motor, if anyone could help me out by selling one to me for around 400-500 that is ready to be thrown right into the roller. 03 and up preferebly because i know their wiring is a tad bit different.

What is wrong with your motor? If the cases are not cracked you can do a lot for $500.

+3 mm Vito's crank $150
Main bearings and seals $50
Piston $90
Bore/hone $60
Cylinder porting and head mod $240

That's $590 for a ported stroker motor. Take the porting and head mod away and your only at $450 for a fresh stroker motor. I suggest getting it ported though if you could get a little more cash.

Forgot about gaskets. Another $50

What is wrong with your motor? If the cases are not cracked you can do a lot for $500.

+3 mm Vito's crank $150
Piston $90
Bore/hone $60

That's $590 for a ported stroker motor. Take the porting and head mod away and your only at $450 for a fresh stroker motor. I suggest getting it ported though if you could get a little more cash.

Who charges $60 for a bore?

I'm with Wife's on this one. If you have some cash, and your cases aren't damaged beyond repair, fix what you have.
You know its done right, and your not getting back in the same boat in a month cause someone sold you a running motor. Its better to spend your money wisely on a good quality job, other than the first thing that comes along.

+3 mm Vito's crank $150
Piston $90
Bore/hone $60

well...here it goes.
in late 2013 we sent the motor to a good friend of ours that owns a yamaha dealer and he tore it apart and had told us that the crank bearings were shot, something with the kickstart shaft inside the motor came apart and ate up the clutch, also the piston had somehow had a ring come off of it and wreck the bottom end. we new the crank bearings were shot when we kept changing spark plugs to find that the spark plugs were being smashed by the top of the piston. But like a true yamaha, she still ran lol

well...here it goes.
in late 2013 we sent the motor to a good friend of ours that owns a yamaha dealer and he tore it apart and had told us that the crank bearings were shot, something with the kickstart shaft inside the motor came apart and ate up the clutch, also the piston had somehow had a ring come off of it and wreck the bottom end. we new the crank bearings were shot when we kept changing spark plugs to find that the spark plugs were being smashed by the top of the piston. But like a true yamaha, she still ran lol

Well here is my advice. Download a manual. Watch ken oconnor's blaster bottom end rebuild videos on YouTube a couple times. Take an iPad or laptop to wherever you will be rebuilding the motor. Get the YouTube vids up and do everything he does. It's not that hard. You will need some yamabond, flywheel puller, snap ring pliers, impact gun, torch, blue loctite, rubber mallet, socket set, impact screwdriver, leak tester, and patience.
You will benefit a couple ways by going this route. You will have the knowledge to rebuild/fix your bike, know you have a nice tight motor, and have a ported stroked motor. It's up to you, but if you buy a used motor you are taking a gamble.

Reactions: motoman159
Well here is my advice. Download a manual. Watch ken oconnor's blaster bottom end rebuild videos on YouTube a couple times. Take an iPad or laptop to wherever you will be rebuilding the motor. Get the YouTube vids up and do everything he does. It's not that hard. You will need some yamabond, flywheel puller, snap ring pliers, impact gun, torch, blue loctite, rubber mallet, socket set, impact screwdriver, leak tester, and patience.
You will benefit a couple ways by going this route. You will have the knowledge to rebuild/fix your bike, know you have a nice tight motor, and have a ported stroked motor. It's up to you, but if you buy a used motor you are taking a gamble.

very true, ive succesfully rebuilt a few topends so im not completely dumbfounded, but i would just like to throw a motor into the quad hassle free.
Would he build a motor for me? if so how much do you think it would be around? can he do stock specs orrrr? the quad had a vitos 240 kit but idk how bad the cylinder was damaged

Wow all you guys get screwed on boring cylinder, my local machine shop specializes in motorcycle stuff.They charge $25 for bore hone an rechamfer ports an $45 to rebuild an tru crankshaft, top of the line work they been doing it for over forty years

Wow all you guys get screwed on boring cylinder, my local machine shop specializes in motorcycle stuff.They charge $25 for bore hone an rechamfer ports an $45 to rebuild an tru crankshaft, top of the line work they been doing it for over forty years

That's so cheap I don't see how they make any money! Is that a buddy price for you or is that their going rate?

very true, ive succesfully rebuilt a few topends so im not completely dumbfounded, but i would just like to throw a motor into the quad hassle free.
Would he build a motor for me? if so how much do you think it would be around? can he do stock specs orrrr? the quad had a vitos 240 kit but idk how bad the cylinder was damaged

I would suggest calling ken. He's a great guy to deal with and he won't steer you wrong. He can build it to stock specs or he can build it to "rip your arms off specs". Just call him, give him a description of the motor you have, give him a budget, and he will get you taken care of.