Still having trouble starting

joelshas

Mar 15, 2009
I was having a problem getting my blaster started with the exhaust on. Off it starts up fine. So I took the exhaust off and tried to clean it out with a pressure washer and let it dry. Once I put it back on the bike wouldn't fire up anymore. Someone in the forum mentioned and aluminum gasket was supposed to be there on the exhaust port of the head but it isn't. I am thinking that is the problem. Does that sound right? How else can I make sure the exhaust is clean?

yeah it is a 10 dollar gasket from yamaha, i had to buy one, but i also ran my stock exhaust on there w/o one so it would not be the issue. is the chamber clean? the silencer, nothing is in there?

if you need me to i can post a picture of that gasket i was telling you about, just so you can get an idea

Hmm, so I don't need the gasket after all. There has got to be something in there. When I tried to start it after about 10-15 kicks I took off the exhaust real quick and gas poured out... maybe 3 oz. That can't be good.

ur carb is soaking the cylinder with fuel, which means ur float bowl is out of whack, you need to adjust it the float, ur flooding it,

Oh ok. Now we are getting somewhere. I will look around the DIY section for instructions on the float bowl adjustment.

Does that sound right tho, since I am flooding it I cannot get it started unless I have the exhaust off?

Good thing I bought some extra plugs. What about the idle screw, could I have messed things up adjusting that thing???

Oh ok. Now we are getting somewhere. I will look around the DIY section for instructions on the float bowl adjustment.

Does that sound right tho, since I am flooding it I cannot get it started unless I have the exhaust off?

Good thing I bought some extra plugs. What about the idle screw, could I have messed things up adjusting that thing???