Stator/ starting promblem?

2stroke4lif3

Dec 6, 2010
ok im going to go to trade for a 2004 blaster but it wont start it has good compression and he said he traced the wires and traced it back to the stator and when you kick it the oil light will come on so its getting power i guess how do i check it or could it be something else.

Slow down Whitty! Purchase parts after testing.

The manual has a good section for this. www.rydindirty.com/blastermanual.pdf Download it and read starting on page 9-7.

Also, since you are working on an 04, PM me your email addy and I will send you the 03+ Supplement.

i thought he had already done that whe he said "traced the wires back"

but yeh, get a tester and find the dead spot, that is my guess though

ok this is the story he was out riding and it bogged out hw brought it back and it wouldnt start he check the plug it wasnt getting spark but the light is coming on so he thought it was the wiring harness so he ordered the wrong wiring harness its a n 04 and he got one for an 02 so after that what you guys thinking?

IF you are sure it is a no spark problem, then get your meter and do the tests in the manual to check all the coils and such. A broken flywheel key (due to loose flywheel nut) could cause this too.

Still, bogging out and dying could be cause by bad reeds or low compression. CHECK both as well.

i just bought an 03 that was doing the same thing bud . my oil light would strobe when i kicked it over what u need to do is take the orange wire off the coil and connect a test light to the orange wire and then ground the test light to the engine. kick the engine over a few times in a row and if the test light starts to flash or light up then the stator is working . i tested mine the same way and found that my stator was fine and the coil was junk . i bought a brand new universal emgo high performance motorcycle /atv coil for 20 bucks and the quad fired right up !!!! hope this helps you out bud !!!!

ok this is what you do first unplug the engine stop switch on the handle bar. the yellow/red wire is for your lighting so the other wires black/red and white/red are your pulse generator and exciter coil. hook up a multi meter black lead on ground and put the red lead in the b/r wire and kick the bike over if it is the pulser it should be around .5-5 volts ac. the exciter (source coil) should be around 50-100 v ac if you do not meet these specks you have a bad source coil or exciter if you are meeting spec go to the orange wire that lead to the coil and kick it over with a test light if it blinks your cdi is good if it does not your cdi is bad. so if it blinks plug the orange wire into the coil and make sure your ground going to the coil is good if it is loose or broke fix and kick over and look for spark if no spark still unscrew plug cap and put test light in the coil wire to the plug and kick over and look for light to flash if no flash you have a bad coil if it does flash you have a bad connection to your plug cap.