stator question

2strokebeater

Jul 4, 2011
Belle Vernon, pa
Sorry to fill the forum with another eletrical problem well I did a few different test to check the stotor becouse I'm not getting spark. I turned the headlight on when I kicked it nothing happened so I connected a 12v test light to the orange wire off the motor and still nothing. I'm not good with eletrical work so I need some help I understand I need a flywheel puller to remove the stator where exactliy is the stator in the motor and how far do I have to tear it down?

Reactions: ken84
on the left side of your motor. you take off the cover and you will see the flywheel. behind it is the stator. you will need a flywheel puller and a holder.

im not to sure honestly? because im not sure what a pully puller looks like. look at the flywheel you will see the 2 holes. thats for a certian wrench to hold it in place while you losen the bolt oin the middle. as far as the puller goes. i heard of someone on this forum tool 2 flaqt head screwdrivers and had someone put pressure on the behind the flywheel while someone else lighly hit the flywheel with a 2x4 and it poped right off.

I doubt a 3 or 4 jaw gear puller will work due to insufficient space to get behind the flywheel.

I did a quick search and found a Blaster flywheel puller for less than $10 on ebay ($5.99 S/H).

I bought my flywheel puller from a dealer for like 7 bucks.

And you dont need a flywheel holder. I use an impact to get the nut off, then I use a larger phillips screwdriver in one of the holes, and I use a jack handle to keep the thing from rotating while doing the flywheel puller. It really helps to have 2 people, one to hold the jack handle tight against the screwdriver, and another to turn the flywheel puller in. Its reverse threaded to get the first side in, then the long side screws into it and pushes against the crank.

Its not too hard. Pull it off and check your stator. Might just have a broken wire or a few.