Stator problems NEED HELP!!!!

GeorgiaBoy65

Mar 4, 2016
Hey Im new here and I need help I have a 98 blaster and it ran fine until one day we were out riding around. we took a break for a while and the it go dark so we went to take it in but my lights weren't working but they were working before. But it was running and it was running fine. Then I went to work on it two weeks later and the first thing I checked was the light bulb on the front and it was fine. My blaster doesn't have the key ignition and it doesn't run on a battery and the lights only come on when it is running. so then I tried to kick start it and the low oil light would come on but I didn't have spark so I did all the normal stuff the spark plug: good the ignition coil: good we know the cdi is good but the way we checked the ignition coil was we hooked jumper cables to it and to a 12v battery then we had spark. Yes I know that wasn't good for the blaster but we were desperate so now we are looking at the stator and I took one of the screws out and there was oil on the threads is there supposed to be oil in the stator? Also if that's the problem what should I do? Another question where is the pulsar coil. Thanks for the help awesome website has helped me before thanks

Pulsar/ trigger coil is right there on the Stator plate. Hopefully you disco'd the coil before jumping it like that. Don't know if back feeding the CDI like that would hurt it.

You're saying a screw that holds the Stator? Might be an indication that the crank seal is leaking. At this point might as well do a leakdown test.

Might as well go through with now. Ohm Stator, ign coil, check grounds, all connections, bypass switches.

checked the stator and its fine it didn't have any oil in it? and we disco'd all the wires from it is there a way to test them with the ohm meter and by kicking starting it if so what goes where and is there something I should should look for im getting tired of this I have no idea what to do now and I know im getting power but I don't know if im getting the full 12v but I have no ket ignition andor battery I need help

checked the stator and its fine it didn't have any oil in it? and we disco'd all the wires from it is there a way to test them with the ohm meter and by kicking starting it if so what goes where and is there something I should should look for im getting tired of this I have no idea what to do now and I know im getting power but I don't know if im getting the full 12v but I have no ket ignition andor battery I need help
Check your flywheel and rectifier

Go to your rectifier, if youre looking at the bike it will be on the left side. Go to the wires on the back of it coming out of it. Test those with a meter and make sure you have 6v but if you don't, check your state voltage and see if the magnets on the flywheel are cracked (the magnets aren't the little circles on the front of it, they're on the back) the magnets are held with screws. You have to heat them up before you try to take them out! If you don't heat them up with a torch it will crack them. Once they're out check on the back of them and see if they're cracked.