stator cover helpp

cirame1

Jul 30, 2008
hi im trying to get my stator cover off to try and get to my stator plate but the cover will not come off for the life of it. ive tried small screw drivers and big ones and a drill that broke 2 bits and stripped 2 screws!!! anyone have trouble getting if off or wat... thnaks

nahh im not that far yet lol im on the actually cover on the engine like on the outside lol trying to take it off the put and adjustable timin plate on but the first cover on the engine will not budget its like someone locktited it... lol

If the bike is running fine now, I would not bother with that adjustable timing plate. (Just my 2 cents worth.) Once you get inside that cover, there's lots more fun to be had in getting the flywheel off, then removing the stator.

Best way to get it off, is with an impact screwdriver. kinda like a screwdriver, but you hit it with a hammer, and the pressure keeps it from slipping or stripping, while the hammering also makes it turn because of how the tool is made. They are very handy for more than one use! They are pretty cheap too!

brandsonsale-store_2013_205829725

Hell yeah. My dad rode Yamaha bikes in back in college and he bought one of those back then from the Yamaha dealer. I have it now.

Tools were made better then... That thing has saved my ass countless times.

i wish i could find a impact screwdriver. 3 different stores that would have that kinda sh*t around here had no idea wtf it was. there like huh? and i just left. i needed, but i borowed my neihbours impact DRILL works on same concept and worked but the right tool would be better

yeah good idea i think i have a ghetto version of one of those like sumthin i got for opening a checking account haha but il def pick one up thanks bro