Starts, idle spikes then dies

red102793

Jun 4, 2009
So earlier today I finally got some new tires on it and was riding it around, it idled fine and went fine but then I changed the oil using 10w-40 and I went to start it,and it idled, I went in side for 2-3 minutes and heard the idle spike then it turn off/died/stalled out and after a couple kicks it started again and it did the same thing and I had to turn it off using the switch and I went to restart it and it didn't want to fire? Any ideas, I'm gonna try to start it tommorow and see if it works itself out but any ideas are aperricated. Thanks

i would check your boots for a air leak. if that all good its probally the sh*tty T.O.R.S. starting to act up.

I don't think mine has TORS anymore, when I looked under my plastics I didn't see any box and if I remeber right there were to wires there, but thanks for the help, I do know that my spark plug has fouled before so it could be going again

So when me and my freind were out riding it started acting up again and I flipped it to reserve and it runs great without any problems, so clogged fuel line or somthing? Any ideas would be great. Thanks

if you run it out of gas, it will idle up high before it dies, but it shouldnt spike..you could be developing an air leak....spray around your seals with wd40...(it wont damage seals like carb cleaner will) if the idle changes..you have an airleak..

alright, I'll see if I have the time tommorow to spray the seals down, it had like half a tank, so I don't think it was low on gas

well, pull your tank off and drain it, then take your fuel shutoff off the bottem of the tank, theres 2 pickups, the longer one is your on position, the shorter one is your reserve pickup, they should both have screen, or cloth like filters around then (small, plastic caged) clean em out good, and reassemble!