Starts but immediately backfires and stalls

looks like a vitos superstock piston.
make sure the ports on the cylinder have the proper chamfer to them next time also.
did you measure the bore before you bought piston?
you could get it bored ,honed/chamfered/oem base gasket/top end parts/torque it proper leaktest it,get a vacum plug on injecter nipple.not sure about your cases it will take awhile to get that rtv off lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Awk08
I will add to above and to use only an oem cylinder also,, and not the Chinese crap on e bay/amazon.

There is no reason to go buy a cylinder, when you can get that one bored, and that piston looks way to loose in that bore, but maybe its just the light

I would be suspecting crap being forced back into the combustion chamber from the header pipe has scratched the piston.

The bike got messed up (broke a piston) when the crank seal failed (clutch side) and was exhausting through that case vent

Why did no one ask this?

When the last piston broke, did the bottom end get split and rebuilt? I bet you had garbage rattling in the bottom end that made it's way back up into the cylinder.

Why did no one ask this?

When the last piston broke, did the bottom end get split and rebuilt? I bet you had garbage rattling in the bottom end that made it's way back up into the cylinder.

It did get rebuilt, once it blew the bike was IMMEDIATELY decommissioned and torn down. no bottom end damage was done. but as blaaster said... it may have come back in from the exhaust.

one tiny piece of a ring or a skirt can destroy a motor. there is no guarantee that metal doesn't make it into the bottom end. any time metal is broken free of the top end a bottom end rebuild is necessary IMO.