Starting troubles need help....

2003 Blaster

Sep 27, 2008
Hey guys whats up I just picked up a 2002 Yamaha Blaster today. I was told that it needed a top end. I brought the bike back home and did the "fast way" of checking compression with my foot and hand pushing down on the kick starter. Its not even close to as easy to push down as my other blaster was when that needed a top end So....

I pulled the plug it has spark.

Plug is also getting wet (so should be getting fuel)

All switches and key are on.

Still when I kick it over I get nothing. Not even a spurt. So I figured I would pull the air filter off and hit it with a quick spray of starter fluid....nothing....pulled the carb out of the reeds and also sprayed there....nothing....tried to pop start it and still nothing. I have been doing some searching on here before I posted and found some ideas of things to try like check CDI...but if Im getting spark then should I even mess with the CDI? Also Im goin to try pulling off the exhaust and trying to start it then. (stock exhaust )

Any other hints or ideas would be awesome Im gonna mess with it for hours tommorow so any help would be sweet what else should I check?!?!

Thanks in advance

I:II:II:II:I

i have had my CDI off that the bike wouldn't run at all..i would def check that also my bike now if it sits for a few weeks it doesn't like to start.. a little shot of noise candy always gets here running.AKA started fluid

I rechecked my hand test on the kick starter and there isnt as much compression as I thought there was so Im gonna have to get it check for PSI....Its probably just needs rings....hopefully