starting to upgrade bike

03Blaster

Aug 19, 2008
hey everyone name is brian. i live in new mexico and i just bought a 03 blaster about a month ago. already upgraded the rear grab bar because the first one is to weak. no to start with questions...

im probably going to get the diamond j's widening kit. looks pretty good and want a wider stance. what axle do you all recommend with what im thinking of doing to the front? and should i get the 4.5" or 6" widening kit?

seems like everyone is running the 400ex rear shock and banshee front shocks. is that a good combo?

what is the best swing arm to get the the +2, +4, or +6 what is the best.

thats all for now thanks in advance

ill tell you the best combo. get a +4 swinger, and a YFZ450 rear shock. thats what i am running and i love it. people ask me everyday how i got it to fit. next get the +6 diamond j kit, and get the shock conversion. there are alot more shocks that will fit. KFX, TRX450, YFZ450,Z400, ect. you can get a adjustable GForce axle for $200.00 shipped. just look around for one.i have shee shocks and they are ok. my brother has Z400 shocks and they are nice too.

ill tell you the best combo. get a +4 swinger, and a YFZ450 rear shock. thats what i am running and i love it. people ask me everyday how i got it to fit.
i should have the swinger and yzf450 shock any day now. i cant wait. thanks for the advice.

you can get a adjustable GForce axle for $200.00 shipped.
these peaked my intrest also and will be one of the next things i upgrade somewhere between tires, rims, and 240 kit.

ill tell you the best combo. get a +4 swinger, and a YFZ450 rear shock. thats what i am running and i love it. people ask me everyday how i got it to fit. next get the +6 diamond j kit, and get the shock conversion. there are alot more shocks that will fit. KFX, TRX450, YFZ450,Z400, ect. you can get a adjustable GForce axle for $200.00 shipped. just look around for one.i have shee shocks and they are ok. my brother has Z400 shocks and they are nice too.

where is the best and cheapest place to get a +4 swinger? is the adjustable gforce axle as good as the 400 dollar one thats 2+2? is the adjustable axle a pain in the ass to install and set up right? how much adjustment is needed right off the bat or is it perfect how it comes out of the box for our blasters?

The best and cheapest +4 swinger doesn't exist. If you want the best, its going to cost you. A round housing, chromoly swingarm runs about $800. That includes a new bearing carrier. If you want a cheap one, you can pick one up on ebay from the swingarm shop. They run about $200 but some people have had issues with the swingarms cracking and breaking. As far as the g force axle goes, I haven't heard of anyone having any issues with them. There easy to install and easy to adjust. I run a durablue and have never had any problems. It also came with a new lock nut to replace the two jam nuts.

ok i think im gonna buy the diamond Js widening kit either saturday or monday and banshee shocks for now. i was wondering if i can get the banshee rear axle now until i can afford the gforce axle and if that will work and look okay or will it not perform well and look stupid?