starting another hybrid

bansheedave

Nov 4, 2010
once my wife and i find ourselves a place of our own, not married yet and currently renting two different places, i am building another blaster. i will be parting out my kx and using the motor and various parts to build a 300 big bore blaster. i think i am done with bikes. my knees cant take it anymore. not from standing and sitting, its the legs down to support the turns. just to hard to recover. it also had a c clip shatter inthe trans which caused a gear to shift over. i had to rebuild the trans. so i replaced everything i could. so word to the wise, if your inside your motor and it has a ton of time on it, replace the c clips in the trans. they do wear out and will eventually break.

Last edited:
:D .. Going to go with a green Kx theme? Also good luck with the apartment/house hunting,, Something with a large garage right?!?!

thanks, yes a big garage i hope. looking a houses to rent. as for 300 big bore, its a sleeved stock cylinder. stock stroke. i have to get it repaired.. shound be a nice set up in a quad frame. it ran like a raped ape in the bike before it blew. it wasn't me that blew it either. as for theme, idont know. ideas would be great.

tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg

i cant wait to see this one.

Reactions: motoman159
Blaster frame with big bore 300 Kawi motor ?? <<< Obviously right ?.. Sounds like a mean drag bike to me.. Any pics of the motor? I think that's a good idea.. One blaster to rip around on and the other a drag bike to get your blood really pumping :eek:.. I think the 300 ninja makes around 37-38 hp ? and that's a 4 poke street bike so with some smart mods the 300cc 2 stroke should really produce some power..

Blaster frame with big bore 300 Kawi motor ?? <<< Obviously right ?.. Sounds like a mean drag bike to me.. Any pics of the motor? I think that's a good idea.. One blaster to rip around on and the other a drag bike to get your blood really pumping :eek:.. I think the 300 ninja makes around 37-38 hp ? and that's a 4 poke street bike so with some smart mods the 300cc 2 stroke should really produce some power..
i have to take pics. it is still in the bike. im not in a huge hurry to dimanle it yet. but i will get some soon..

What level of repair does the engine require?
none. i went threw it and replaced all the seals and bearings. rebuilt the stock crank with pro x rod. had millenium tech replate the cylinder to stock size and put in a new wiseco piston. i also have a bored out and sleeved cylinder on the bench that needs a new sleeve installed and a piston. its a 300 big bore. the rod bearing came apart and took out the motor. hence the rebuild.

i also had a snap ring come apart in the trans causing a gear to shift and get messed up. so i replaced all the snap rings and rebuilt the trans.