Speedometer app for your smart phone

blasterfied

Nov 14, 2013
Coal City, Illinois
I know many of you have seen speedometer apps. I found a great speedometer app on Google Play Store by digiHUB. If you use a LifeProof or OtterBox phone case, attach your phone to your quad. You can tell how fast your going SAFELY!!!

Attachments

• 2014-03-15 15.13.28.jpg
    2014-03-15 15.13.28.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 171
Reactions: Awk08
i'll have to check this out, thanx

I'm making a holder that will attach to the handle bars. I almost never carry my phone when I ride because I lost a phone. Now my phone will be safely secure and available for emergency purposes.

thats a huge mistake, that could cost you dearly.
i've lost 2 phones, but had it when i needed it, phones are replaceable, you are not !
always carry your phone to call in an emergency, saved my ass before

Reactions: BlasterFun484
I have a lifeproof case on my iphone but I must say I would hate to get mud all over it.

you kids and your phones....act like they're a pacemaker and without them your heart would stop :)

I have to use my phone for work, besides that it sits on the charger. I hate all this new technology, everyone with their noses stuck in there phones and IPads. I stick to the old school ways before smart phones, back when everything was just fine.

Hopefully the vibration from riding won't hurt my phone if I mount it on the bars. I'll do some searching for a motorcycle cell phone bar mount. I'm sure someone makes it.

Hopefully the vibration from riding won't hurt my phone if I mount it on the bars. I'll do some searching for a motorcycle cell phone bar mount. I'm sure someone makes it.

oh yeah, they have Iphone/Ipod mounts, gawd forbid it got out of sight :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bike-Waterp...2094?pt=US_Mounts_Holders&hash=item1c3797619e

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bike-Motorc...9002?pt=US_Mounts_Holders&hash=item3a8d0ca3da

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bike-Motorc...5278?pt=US_Mounts_Holders&hash=item2a3959880e

Last edited by a moderator:
Phone? I have one of the smart device thingy mabobs....

I get in trouble for not using it... I have my games, but honestly, i play soduko the most...

thats a huge mistake, that could cost you dearly.
i've lost 2 phones, but had it when i needed it, phones are replaceable, you are not !
always carry your phone to call in an emergency, saved my ass before
I want to second this. Even on very short rides i carry my phone. On a quick 5 min ride i ended up in a remote location miles from anybody with a blown bottom end, phone got someone to me, few weeks later i flipped my utility atv in same spot while trapped under, that following winter got bit by fox and ended up with an infected hand that then lead me to hospital for a month of rabies treatments. Phone is important. But they do make phone holders, i have a little phone spot under seat built into my miar rear plastics. This app ill have to try, iv been trying a bunch but cant ever get one i like. Good info!!!!

wait, let me get this straight, you flipped a ute onto yourself, and while trapped under it a fox tried to eat you ???

Haha no, 1st blew bottom end, 2nd time flipped atv pinning me down, last time, got bit by a fox while freeing it from a trap along a trail. Not thread jacking. Just showing phone is very important and saves lives even on what you may think is just a ride around the block. But they do make atv phone holders and boxes. You never know. Oh and i just checked app, i already like that it saves highet speed hit, you can test highest speeds with your buddies