Speed

dre2992

Apr 30, 2013
About how fast will my blaster go with 22" back tires and 15 tooth front , 38 tooth back sprocket I have the air lid off 260 main jet fmf fatty full exhaust. Would it help if I cut my front fenders I just would like to go faster I My weight is 165 pounds What Else can I do

I don't think cutting the fenders will add that much speed, but a couple of really cool decals would:D Jk Have you plug chopped that 260? It could be on the lean side for your set-up. Somewhere around here I think there is a calculator that will tell you top speed. You could get a right bend pipe, head job, port job, and after those maybe larger carb.

where are you ridding it ?
straight roads?
it is not going to have any low end power if you are looking for top speed as in mph:)
also you have a lot of problems lol ...joking with yah bud:D

where are you ridding it ?
straight roads?
it is not going to have any low end power if you are looking for top speed as in mph:)
also you have a lot of problems lol ...joking with yah bud:D
Lol yes I'm on straight stretches a lot and I don't blow my motor up because I like to go fast

I don't think cutting the fenders will add that much speed, but a couple of really cool decals would:D Jk Have you plug chopped that 260? It could be on the lean side for your set-up. Somewhere around here I think there is a calculator that will tell you top speed. You could get a right bend pipe, head job, port job, and after those maybe larger carb.
We're I'm at not many people do stuff to blasters what do you mean about the pipes I don't understand that

how do i get the power i have a 15 tooth comeing today and i have the 38 tooth so i could slow down ???

They are saying that a 17ish HP stock blaster does not have the power to pull such high gearing. You need some serious modifications to the blaster to get enough power to pull through those gears. Even with an aftermarket exhaust and properly jetted you probably don't have the power to pull through that gearing. If you do than it will take about a mile of straight road and about half a minute to get to full speed.

Ever notice that in a car you can get from 0-40mph a lot faster than you can pull from 40-80mph? Thats because at higher speeds your motor has a lot more of a load that its trying to pull through.

A little 17ish HP motor is going to struggle to pull through all 6 gears at such a drastic change in gearing. Most people on here with highly modified blasters don't run any gearing higher than 14 up front, 38 in the rear, and a 20 inch rear wheel.

Best ways to get power is a head mod and getting your cylinder ported. KOR can do all that for you and for a great price.

Reactions: Blaaster
They are saying that a 17ish HP stock blaster does not have the power to pull such high gearing. You need some serious modifications to the blaster to get enough power to pull through those gears. Even with an aftermarket exhaust and properly jetted you probably don't have the power to pull through that gearing. If you do than it will take about a mile of straight road and about half a minute to get to full speed.

Ever notice that in a car you can get from 0-40mph a lot faster than you can pull from 40-80mph? Thats because at higher speeds your motor has a lot more of a load that its trying to pull through.

A little 17ish HP motor is going to struggle to pull through all 6 gears at such a drastic change in gearing. Most people on here with highly modified blasters don't run any gearing higher than 14 up front, 38 in the rear, and a 20 inch rear wheel.

Best ways to get power is a head mod and getting your cylinder ported. KOR can do all that for you and for a great price.
ok how do i find them and about how much

ok how do i find them and about how much

http://kenoconnorracing.com/
You can call him on the phone, email him, whatever you prefer. He is a great builder and can talk you through everything that he can do for your blaster and explain it so it all makes sense even if you have zero background in motors. Best work that can be done to your blaster and all at a great price. He is the go to guy that everyone on here will suggest.