sounds like marbles in my top end

a leaky seal on the trans side of the case is not going to produce a detonation problem..
even if a spot of sealer was missed on the case between the engine and trans it would only pull tranmission oil.. not air. and that would show up in a leak down test.. it would be and unexplainable air leak.. and would require further investigation... i don't see the burning of transmission oil as a culprit for detonation.. sure it's not an optimum situation.. the only way i can see your suggestion being a culprit is if the case seal is breached above the oil level.. or a crank seal is leakign above the oil level.. but any leakage should show up with a simple leak down test..

oh, and you dont have to be a cocky ahole typing sh*t to me when we're are just trying to help the kid out!
i wasn't being cocky.. but your mix up of terminology could be detromental to not only to the person with the specific problem in this thread but to anyone reading it in search of knowledge and/or an answer to a related or similar problem.. to some people a 2 scycle engine is confusing.. when they teach basic engine theroy in schools they tend to skip over the 2 cycle.. and give the old 4 cycles of an internal combustion engine speach... then when people get into 2 cycles there ideas and terminology are lacking in this field.. which intirn makes trying to help them even more of a struggle.. try explainging to someone that a 2 stroke pulls in an intake charge with teh same upward stroke of the piston that provides the compression for the combustion process.. they look at you like your a f*cking alien... thats not teh way people are taught.. so then 2 cycle engien process become somewhat of a mystery to many people new to them... hell even to some people that have even worked on them for a few years they may scratch there head thinking "how the hell does this damn thing work"

thats what i was meaning, if it was leaking above the oil level, i had on ekx 85 engine that the leakdown was exceptable but was deff leaking air from somewhere, couldnt figure it out for the life of me, called up one of my instructors that actually knew what they were talking about at school and he suggested a case pressure test, and he was right, no one in my dealership thought of it which was supprising, because we had 2 guys with over 30 years experience and 3 with over 10 years experience, the crank seal was acting like a reed valve

a leaky seal on the trans side of the case is not going to produce a detonation problem..
even if a spot of sealer was missed on the case between the engine and trans it would only pull tranmission oil.. not air. and that would show up in a leak down test.. it would be and unexplainable air leak.. and would require further investigation... i don't see the burning of transmission oil as a culprit for detonation.. sure it's not an optimum situation.. the only way i can see your suggestion being a culprit is if the case seal is breached above the oil level.. or a crank seal is leakign above the oil level.. but any leakage should show up with a simple leak down test..

That's not entirely true, lets look at lean as a condition of not having enough fuel per air and/or oil. A leak on the trans side can cause a lean fuel condition and thus detonation much the same as when someone premixes with too much oil causing a lean condition. You are somewhat right in that it's less likely to cause as severe a condition but still the same it can. If after a leakdown test a leak is still suspected but not identified it is a good idea to do a vacuum test to see if the seals or joint sealer is acting as a "reed valve". It is however a very rare problem, leaks around the reeds/intake gaskets and base gaskets are much more common. An other common but easily dismissed problem is fuel delivery at high rpms caused by partially plugged petcock screens or faulty fuel cap vents.

i highly doubt your sucking that bowl dry..

checkign the petcock screen is a pretty good idea..

been there already...

the difference between being lean with air as compared to being lean with oil is 2 things.. first he has not said it smokes badly... or smells weird... both are symptoms of burning trans oil in an amoutn big enought to ever come closet ot the condition your describing..

and the other reason is there is power in oil in the form of BTU's.. and the small amout that is added say if somesome premixes more is not enough to offset the mixture that much... 32:1 is 4 ounces per gallon.. 16:1 is 8 ounces per gallon.. that double but yet still not gonna make a difference for this thing to detonate this badly. he doesn't have alot of compression (120PSI) and the squish clearance isn't tight at all since .060 solder would even provide a reading.. it's got to be a lean condition... and the guy hasn't even done the leakdown test yet... i think we can all agree that starting with a leakdown test is a good idea.. see where that goes and shoot from there.. i believe he's already checked that screen.. that was his idea so i assume that has already been checked..

let me clear up a couple of things guys. it does not smell bad or smoke alot and i'm not loosing tranny fluid. so i do not believe it is the crank seal on the trans side. i have also checked the petcock screens in the tank and they are free and clear. i have also removed the head and checked for signs of damage to the piston and head if detonation was the cause. i could be wrong but if detonation was the cause i thought i would find some signs of damage. when it starts to make the noise it gets so bad it will eventually stall. when it does i noticed alot of oil/gas mix sprayed on my a-arms and alot of oil/gas on my exhaust flange area. makes me think that it is actually kinda hydraulocking itself and killing the engine. i thought about removing my airbox lid and seeing what happens. if it doesnt help i am going to do a leakdown test like 370 advised me to do. i know i havent been working on it lately but i will be sooner or later.

i did not mean for people to be arguing with one another on this thread. i'm just having an issue with my blaster thats stumping me. and went to ths ask a pro section to get some advise from someone who has good knowledge on the two stroke engine. i agree it is a little confusing i've had this thing apart quite a few times and i still dont know completely how it all works. thanks for everyone thats trying to help i'm all ears. well get this figured out sooner or later. thanks Ryan

the guy that posted told me in a PM that he's been really pbusy and hasn;t had a chance to mess with it much... but that was a month ago.. so who knows.. he hasn;t been on here lately..

did a leakdown test on the blasty today and had bubbles coming out of my crankcase vent hose. this probably doesnt help my problem. it wasnt alot but still there..

hey guys i found my air leak.... the gaskets between the vforce reed cage and the intake manifold were leaking. have heard of a few guys having this problem before. finally i think i have found why i'm running lean..

no kidding, i've been fighting this thing for quite awhile... when i get my new power pros exhaust system from rjatv i'm gonna take it out and try it. i want to thank everyone on here thats been tryin to help me out with this. i'll let you know what happens when i get it out and run it...

well guys took it out and it still ran like dump.. lol so i took the jug off and to my suprise i found my bottom ring was stuck in its land not being able to compress in it and it was creating a sh*t ton of heat and thats when my problem was most evident. luckily it didnt hurt the cyl. wall so i gave it a good hone and it looks brand new so now i'm waiting on my new piston. i'll keep ya updated.