Somebody give me some blood pressure medicine!

Yeah, reeds look good, I was expecting a broken petal, dislodged, etc.
Hmmmm, faulty kill switch??? Dead CDI????
You get no spark right??? nothing?
Check ground on CDI?

Pull plug, put it into the plug cap from CDI, touch plug tip to metal and kick it a few times with ignition on, etc, see arcing on plug at all???

I haven't tried that yet I guess because it takes two people to check that way unless someone knows a trick.

no ones really touching on he ran the thing super lean for an hour and shut it down

Yea I did take the lid off and ride it around for a little bit around the yard. But when I pulled the plug it was saturated with fuel which is why I went and bought a couple more new ones. Not that new plugs have done anything. To me that's not running lean. I didn't exactly have it dialed in perfect beforehand I will admit but it still ran good I thought (prior to taking lid off)

I haven't tried that yet I guess because it takes two people to check that way unless someone knows a trick.

Yea I did take the lid off and ride it around for a little bit around the yard. But when I pulled the plug it was saturated with fuel which is why I went and bought a couple more new ones. Not that new plugs have done anything. To me that's not running lean. I didn't exactly have it dialed in perfect beforehand I will admit but it still ran good I thought (prior to taking lid off)

Do you got jumper cables ?
Use one to connect the outer part of the plug to the head or good ground
then you can put it in a position you can see it and kick aat the same time

Nuno

thats only leaving a few options, the flywheel has slipped and it's firing at the wrong time, or that airscrew/pilot jet circut is still clogged in that carb < just went thru this sunday on my buddies build
the carb must be completely disassembled, every piece and cleaned with carb cleaner then blown out with a compressor

have you tried pulling it with quad/car to see if she'll fire

one other thing comes to mind.......clogged exhaust < just went thru that friday night on the same quad

Let me reiterate and I'll try to do this in a non-boastful way. I'm 32, been building cars/trucks since I was 17, recent build was a frame off restoration 84 C10 pickup setup for drag racing with a stroked 383 motor built my me, my other current build is a Harley sportster bobber that I wrench on all the time, got a fishing boat with a 95 yamaha 2 stroke motor that I have worked on as well. No stranger to mechanics. However I literally came across this Blaster a week and a half ago and was given to me for free or else it was going to the road. I have been reading up on this thing for no more than a week now. I came on here for help and to learn more about the bike because I'm the type of person that has to know my project inside and out thoroughly. I might ask stupid questions to those of you who have been into this bike for many years but give us newcomers a break. Thanks for all the help guys.

Who's on fquick.com? http://www.fquick.com/SulphurDave

Let me reiterate and I'll try to do this in a non-boastful way. I'm 32, been building cars/trucks since I was 17, recent build was a frame off restoration 84 C10 pickup setup for drag racing with a stroked 383 motor built my me, my other current build is a Harley sportster bobber that I wrench on all the time, got a fishing boat with a 95 yamaha 2 stroke motor that I have worked on as well. No stranger to mechanics. However I literally came across this Blaster a week and a half ago and was given to me for free or else it was going to the road. I have been reading up on this thing for no more than a week now. I came on here for help and to learn more about the bike because I'm the type of person that has to know my project inside and out thoroughly. I might ask stupid questions to those of you who have been into this bike for many years but give us newcomers a break. Thanks for all the help guys.

Who's on fquick.com? http://www.fquick.com/SulphurDave

maybe i missed a post or 2, but i thought we were being very helpful, and come across newbies to 2 strokes everyday, i was one once and asked all these same questions, and then some
don't get frustrated with all of this, or a silly post now and then, soon you'll be helping others too, sounds like you have a good base to start with, we just gotta get ya caught up on these

have you tried pulling it with quad/car to see if she'll fire

Nope haven't tried that. What's still bugging me is about the carb overflowing with fuel once I turn the valve back on. It done that the first time I cleaned it but cleared itself up and got running fine for a week. I mean that week I would fire it up everyday on first kick. Now, after this second time I took it apart when it stopped running, I put it back together and it did it again, fuel coming out all vents until I either pull the choke or hit it out of frustration. Could the floats be off? And if they are why would they be after it's been totally cleaned? Again if they are how do I go about adjusting them to get them into spec? I saw a picture of where they need to be on here I think on the carb cleaning how-to thread but no directions on how to adjust.

float level on a stock carb is 20 - 21.5 mm, with the bowl gasket removed, measured like this from where the gasket would sit to the highest point on the float..........

4785-float-height.jpg

they are adjusted by bending the little tab that the float valve hangs from in the center of the floats, bending it down will reduce the measurement, go a little at a time, then remeasure

and i'm still leaning towards that crankcase full of fuel, from the float sticking open/out of adjustment, if fuel was pouring out the vents, chances are it flowed into the motor too

tow that biotch for a 1/4 mile or so, in 3rd, 4th gear, that'll clear it out

I pulled the pipe off and kicked it a few times and nothing came out. Think I should still do that?

when i was up ken oconnors earlier this year, neighbor dave,
(woodsrider on here) who always lets me ride his shee, left the gas on overnite with float troubles, and filled the crankcase full, it wouldnt even try to start, as the fuel/air mix had nowhere to go, gotta ask, but you do know thats where it goes first before the cylinder.....into the crankcase, if thats full it will not draw fuel/air
the only way we got the shee running was tow it around kens shop a few times, you wouldnt believe the raw fuel blowing out the pipes, she fired right up after that, sputtered till it cleared itself completely, then we rode for hours, but had to shut off the fuel each stop, which i then forgot to turn back on a few times and ran out, as i'm not used to shutting it off, both my blasty's have good float valves and properly adjusted floats, the fuel hasnt been turned on all summer, and never drip not even one drop

Last edited:
k not sure if this might be why it is overflowing, but i had a problem where the little needle valve with the rubber tip was not sealing the fuel flow when the floats would raise, causing fuel to overflow... the floats were adjusted correctly, its just that the needle valve's tip had worn a groove and would not seal... so i just replaced it and it fixed the problem...

but i can say that i see how just kicking it over might not get the extra fuel out... awk's idea of towing sounds like a legit solution, especially with the example he cited... by the way i understand your frustration, been there... actually im there right now lol... but thats another story... good luck

just kicking it does not create enuf turbulance in the cases to pick up the extra sh*t in there, up into the cylinder and out the back door
towing it will !!!!!!!

you need to hold it like my above pic shows, at like a 45 degree angle, so the floats arent pushin the center pin down on the "plunger"
look closely, you'll see that it pushes a little pin in the center of it, it should just be touching it, should just be touching it, not compressing it
but they look too low from your pic, bending the tab down a little will raise the float and make them shut off fuel flow sooner/lower

you can also attach a piece of hose to the fuel inlet, blow thru it while operating the floats to see if it's actually shutting it off completely

and check the neoprene tip of the "plunger" for cracks/tears or other discombobulations, if so, it'll need replaced

I think I'm just gonna put some money into it I'm tired of farting around with it and want to get down to business. I want to get a carb rebuild kit for it or whatever I need to get a new gasket and o-rings etc. I seen the o-ring on the jet with the plunger was a little chewed up. I wanna get whatever jets I need to be able to keep the airbox lid off, UNI filter and a new pipe/silencer. Suggestions?

the moose rebuild kits on ebay for like $12 even come with the float valve/seat
thats a $58 part at the dealers
and you gotta pick a pipe before we can suggest jetting starting points
no DG pipes, get an FMF, Toomey, LRD, F7, Trinity, dynoport ect, ect