Sold my 450r today

b_russell_82

May 7, 2008
Kentucky
Just for the hell of it I put my 05 Honda TRX 450R on craigslist for $500 more then I bought it for last year and sold it in 2 days. It had a really expensive suspension on it but the only problem was it was setup for 180 pound rider and I"m 230 so I was bottoming out the rear shock a lot and the fronts some too.. It was also kick start and all I do is trail ride so I decided to sell it. Can't complain, I got more then I paid for it and rode the sh*t out of it for over a year. So now I'm in the market for something new... I got my eyes on a couple of Raptor 700's and a really nice 07 yfz 450. I'm leaning more to the Raptor 700 right now though.

the 700 is ok, but the only improvement is low and midrange power.
it is still slower on top end than the 450r.

i ahve ridden both the 660 raptor and the 700 raptor and they were both a huge dissappointment.
i'll take my 450r over a raptor anytime.

for 2 stroke, i want a yamaha, for 4 stroke i want a honda.

yeah but still, i outrun the 700 raptor on my 450r eveytime. there s no comparison hp wise. the 450r has some serious low end, midrange and also has a great top end.

i see what you are saying, but just my opinion, the raptor should have a lot more power for a 700cc engine. instead it's like riding a raptor 350.

good to putt around on on trails, but in a race it's grossly underpowered.

+1 On the 700!! You will not regret it. I had a yfz 450 before some ahole stole it, after I got the insurance money from it I almost bought another 450, but heard so many great things about the 700, So i bought one instead and I will never look back!!! There are soooo many mods out there for this bike the possibilities are endless, the torque these put out is simply amazing(I ride PA trails so I love the torque),the comfort level is second to none, I could go on and on all day. If you buy one you will not be dissapointed!I:I

+1 On the 700!! You will not regret it. I had a yfz 450 before some ahole stole it, after I got the insurance money from it I almost bought another 450, but heard so many great things about the 700, So i bought one instead and I will never look back!!! There are soooo many mods out there for this bike the possibilities are endless, the torque these put out is simply amazing(I ride PA trails so I love the torque),the comfort level is second to none, I could go on and on all day. If you buy one you will not be dissapointed!I:I

lol nice first post I:I

yeah but still, i outrun the 700 raptor on my 450r eveytime. there s no comparison hp wise. the 450r has some serious low end, midrange and also has a great top end.

i see what you are saying, but just my opinion, the raptor should have a lot more power for a 700cc engine. instead it's like riding a raptor 350.

good to putt around on on trails, but in a race it's grossly underpowered.

What?
There is no comparison HP wise?

current bike:
08 raptor 700
LTE dual exhaust
JE 11:1 high comp piston
HotCam 2
Dynatek fuel controller
+3 mm throttle body
HP=62.4

Old bike:
06 YFZ 450
HMF full exhaust
CP 13:1 high comp piston
HotCam 3
Jetted
Dynatek ignition
HP=52.3

Now I am not saying the 450's are slow by any means But mod for mod the Raptor will come out on top(with 2 compitent riders). And Stock for stock yes the 450 will beat it all day long. Grossly underpowered? Think again!;)

What?
There is no comparison HP wise?

current bike:
08 raptor 700
LTE dual exhaust
JE 11:1 high comp piston
HotCam 2
Dynatek fuel controller
+3 mm throttle body
HP=62.4

Old bike:
06 YFZ 450
HMF full exhaust
CP 13:1 high comp piston
HotCam 3
Jetted
Dynatek ignition
HP=52.3

Now I am not saying the 450's are slow by any means But mod for mod the Raptor will come out on top(with 2 compitent riders). And Stock for stock yes the 450 will beat it all day long. Grossly underpowered? Think again!;)

nobody cares about your guys's 4choke argument, they all suck!!!!! lol I:I

ive rode a rappy700 and was not to impressed with it it was quick for sure but u sit way to high on it and it has the hardest seat ive evr sat on......could mabe be becasue it was brand new???

Well I bought the Raptor 700 today and I"ll tell you it has way more low end then my 450r did. It has a +3 front a arms and +3 rear end so it's really stable.. The only thing I got to do is get some long travel shocks for the front b/c the stockers are not going to work very well.. IMO it feels as it has more power then my 450r did and has a ton more TQ. I can take off in 5th gear on flat ground with the 700r. For me being 6'3 and 230 pounds the 700r fits me great. I feel right at home on it. I don't care what anybody says.... it feels as if it has more power then the 450 did. It doesn't stall no where near as bad. I can lag it down in 3rd gear to almost nothing and punch it and I'm right back on track like nothing, with the 450's if you don't keep it wound up like a 2 stroke it would stall out. Plus this one even has ITP XCT's which are 22's on the back and you can't even tell it has bigger tires on it. I love it and don't regret one bit getting rid of the 450 at all...

ive rode a rappy700 and was not to impressed with it it was quick for sure but u sit way to high on it and it has the hardest seat ive evr sat on......could mabe be becasue it was brand new???

must have been new... My seat is soft as can be.. With mine being widened 6 in the front and rear it doesn't seem to tall at all.. I can whip it around like nothing and it never feels top heavy... I can see though if it was widened it might feel like you are to tall on it. Like I said in my other post.. I don't regret getting rid of the 450 at all and once I get a proper set of front shocks to match the long travel a arms it will really bee good.

Well I bought the Raptor 700 today and I"ll tell you it has way more low end then my 450r did. It has a +3 front a arms and +3 rear end so it's really stable.. The only thing I got to do is get some long travel shocks for the front b/c the stockers are not going to work very well.. IMO it feels as it has more power then my 450r did and has a ton more TQ. I can take off in 5th gear on flat ground with the 700r. For me being 6'3 and 230 pounds the 700r fits me great. I feel right at home on it. I don't care what anybody says.... it feels as if it has more power then the 450 did. It doesn't stall no where near as bad. I can lag it down in 3rd gear to almost nothing and punch it and I'm right back on track like nothing, with the 450's if you don't keep it wound up like a 2 stroke it would stall out. Plus this one even has ITP XCT's which are 22's on the back and you can't even tell it has bigger tires on it. I love it and don't regret one bit getting rid of the 450 at all...

the 450's have really light flywheels so they can wind out better thats why they always stall. my friend has a 05 450r with the hrc kit and i took off in
5th gear like nothing but your opinion is your opinion just thought id put in my .02