Smoking exhaust lots

B1ToomeyYamaha

Nov 19, 2009
Smokey Mountains, NC
I got a 98 blaster and once it warms up it smokes like crazy. It still runs like a top dog i live in the mountains so everything is up or down not much level areas, when i really give it hell on the flat or up hill it smokes bad when i start slowing down the smoke lessins..Last year had my topend rebuilt at the yamaha shop friged my head up they put a smaller piston in and beat the hell out of the head so they had to bore it again and put another piston in, and to this day i dont think its still right i think that some of the problem . Any suggestion why so much smoke??? I guess ride till it blows i have owned it for 12 years and have to say yamahas kickass only left me stranded once and that was a clutch cable broke. Thxs

I agree. And don't take it to that shop again. Sounds like they didn't know what they were doing. Try a motorcycle shop or something like that.

if its white then you probably have a bad clutch side crank seal, and its pulling in tranny oil and burning it

don't let a broken clutch cable leave you stranded. just start your bike in N hop off and push a little with your handlebars and hop back on shift into 1st (or second or third if you are on a hill) while your rolling, not greatest for your tranny im sure, but it sure beats walking out leaving your bike alone or pushing it home.

if its white then you probably have a bad clutch side crank seal, and its pulling in tranny oil and burning it
I just went and started it, in the shade it looks white in the sun it looks bluish that sounds strange.. So i grabbed my clymer manual and messed with the carburetor i think it helped a little when its comes to that part of a bike im pissing in the wind i guess i been pretty lucky with bikes never really had to work on them. . Thanks 4 the ideas ill see what happens..

I just went and started it, in the shade it looks white in the sun it looks bluish that sounds strange.. So i grabbed my clymer manual and messed with the carburetor i think it helped a little when its comes to that part of a bike im pissing in the wind i guess i been pretty lucky with bikes never really had to work on them. . Thanks 4 the ideas ill see what happens..

Just check and see if your losing tyranny oil, and if your not confident on changing that seal take it to a shop.

don't let a broken clutch cable leave you stranded. just start your bike in N hop off and push a little with your handlebars and hop back on shift into 1st (or second or third if you are on a hill) while your rolling, not greatest for your tranny im sure, but it sure beats walking out leaving your bike alone or pushing it home.
I wish i could of did that 2_smoked i was in bottom with noway out but up with snow on the ground hell i coundent even push a foot up hill i said fk it and called my brother in law and he brought his truck with a winch it was about 300ft down. I guess its good that it broke cause i dont think i could of went back up. so now i know when it snows i dont go up steep inclines its never has good results.

Oh man I'm sorry that does suck. Hmmm, for this reason i am gonna make sure to have vice grips on me too when i go ride so if this happens to me i can just clamp it on that arm that goes into my case and ill just have to reach down there to shift lmao.