Smokes and burns oil help

01blaster

Feb 7, 2008
a few months back i got a 01 blaster that was sitting in someone yard for a few years. i have literally rebuilt the whole thing and replaced almost every part imaginable. Well it kept burning oil so i switch my bottom end out with another motor(turns out i could see a big crack in the crank area were oil was getting in) and now it will run and idle fine but when i try to drive it it will bog and die out. it smokes real bad and blows oil everywhere out the exhaust when i give it a decent amount of throttle

It could be one of sevral things, It could have to much oil, or to much fuel, a bad crank seal,
I would do the block off plate. mix your oil and fuel. See what happens then. If still the same check the crank again. I would also recommend having a leak-down test done to see if it is a crank seal problem. More than likely it is a jetting or fuel issue.

Last edited:
well as a quick fix to eliminate the oil injection, just disconnect the autolube pump and try premixing yourself.
wildcard's idea of it having too much oil or a blown seal is def possible.
your carb might be way too rich for your altitude.
you might have air restriction in the airbox/filter.
the pipe might be completely wrong for the bike.
what does your plug tell you after it dies?

ok ive stopped the bad oil spraying and disabled oil injection. it runs fine but when i try to go into higher gears or full throttle it bogs and dies and wont start. could it be a bad plug. my dad rebuilt the carb idk if it still has stock jets or not. i have a ricky stator plate and idk where it is set to i need to see but i think it is stock

and i also put vforce reeds on it and they had been sitting in a box full of parts. could they be screwed up and be causing the problem

could be. pull em and check the condition of the reeds.
also, what does the plug tell you? the spark plug will tell you everything you need to know about your jetting.