Silencer

2003blast

Jun 16, 2009
I have a fmf fatty with a power core silencer on my wife's blaster she is complaining its too loud, I was wondering if anyone here has the fmf Q on their bike. Should I get that silencer or put the whole stock pipe system back on. Thanks for all your replies

Already tried repacking didn't change much. The loss of power isn't a problem she thinks it has too much power for her anyways . The fmf site is claiming 96db s on the Q. I would like to leave the chrome fatty on theRe it looks. A lot better than the black stock pipe

Just got a 02 ysf195 it sounds a bit to loud for my neighbors which is the best silencer to put on it??? :-/ so i could still rip it in the streets loll B)

What about a stock silencer to the FMF expansion chamber? I shouldn't be too hard to put a nice silver finish on a stock silencer, if it gave the results you're looking for.

I put the whole stock system back on. It a little quieter now I thought it was gonna be a lot more quieter

Get fmf performance packing and shove as much as you can in there, i just did it to mine and its pretty quiet now

If you over pack it can actually make it louder, you want to roll it nice and tight but too much or too tight will prevent the silencer from doing what its supposed to. I usually get 3 packs per bag !

If you over pack it can actually make it louder, you want to roll it nice and tight but too much or too tight will prevent the silencer from doing what its supposed to. I usually get 3 packs per bag !

I figured we put too much in mine, but its really quiet... And i used half the bag :eek:

I must have a longer silencer than you, my old DG i could probably pack 6 times on a bag lol, but it sounded nice

Well if its quiet then its probably safe to say you didn't over pack it ! And your right the number of times you can repack a silencer per bag varies considerably depending on the silencer being packed. As far as my powercore ll goes I cut the packing into thirds and that seems to work nicely.