should i trade?

yzrider

Apr 12, 2009
northwest Indiana
should i trade my 02 yz125 for a 2000 yz250? The bike is in good shape, its 100% stock and the guy that owns it doesnt race. im gonna use it to trail ride and hit the track occasionally, it concerns me that its a 13 year old bike, but since the motors are the same and all, it doesnt concern me too much aout the age. he wants to straight up trade because the bike is to much for him. for the most part most people ive talked to said dont worry about the age too much

well its only 2 years older than yours, so thats not a big deal, my blaster is like 23 years old i think and works fine, a 250 is a better trail bike than a 125 anyways, it has alot more lowend, but that 125 of yours is sure clean

the 250 is really clean too, hes gonna come out this weekend and we can both do some riding and see what we think, i am not too concerned with it being 13 years old, since i dont hardcore race or anything...

i probably would. as far as 250's go you want them to be stock there a handfull when you add pipes and reeds and everything else.

i defintiely want it stock, the stock pipe makes the best power, despite what most believe. i'll just add a shorty silencer and reeds for now

I wouldn't be concerned about the year, if it looks anything like yours do it. You have one clean looking bike there my friend..this could be the perfect opportunity to step up to a 250, although I'm sure you have ridden 250s before its just a little more bike but like you said and your familiar with its basically same motor.. And as far as trading goes your doing the perfect thing taking it for a nice good ride to feel it out and if any problems you will know.. Pics pics pics pics !!!!!!

well, the deal is off because he lives close to 160 miles out and wants me to meet half way and i cant do that right now, but i'm gonna still try to sell it and buy a newer yz or rm