shock upgrades!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sicivicdude

Apr 7, 2010
North Carolina
I bought some 1988 blaster shocks off of ebay, check them out:

Yamaha Blaster Front Shocks - eBay (item 260649530493 end time Nov-07-10 14:47:04 PST)

$33.99 for the pair? Anyone care to tell me what they originally came off of, obviously not a blaster...

I am also upgrading the rear. It's a little dirty but I'm going to give a good cleanup when it gets here. The price was right:

Honda 400EX rear shock - eBay (item 280580876628 end time Nov-02-10 18:56:35 PDT)

$1.25 isn't too much you don't think?

I sent money for bushings to Ken last week. Have they hit the mail yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
The springs are not progressively wound like banshee shocks. The spring does the length of the body and the preload adjustment looks right to me. I'm going to check them out very well when they get here but they should be an interesting upgrade.

300ex has shocks with the spring the whole length, and possibly some older j-arm banshees??????

Reactions: sicivicdude
mainly because you dont see j-arm shocks still being used, most have been blown up and thrown away.

The 400EX rear arrived yesterday with chain lube and dirt all over it but otherwise intact. I left it in the parts cleaner while my wife and I went out to eat last night and come home to find it nicely cleaned up. Pictures tonight!

Well, $34 for a chance... I'm willing to pay to see.

sheeblast, I'm just razzing you man.

Actually over $50 to the door, pricey for a J-Arm gamble??? :-/
I got my 2005 SUPER CLEAN/MINT front Shee shocks for $57 to the door, perfect shape.

Trust me, I hope all goes well for ya but definitely a pricey gamble for Old School J-Arms that, chances are, have seen their day.

Good luck though, by all means...

Status
Not open for further replies.