Shock Setup

teamcrackitrace

Apr 13, 2011
Hey guys- I rode my blaster this weekend and I couldn't help but notice how bumpy the suspension was for trail riding. Is there any cheap shock setups that would make this thing ride better, since the stock ones suck? I saw some nice looking ones on ebay
NEW BLASTER 250, YFZ450 YFZ 450, 350 BANSHEE SHOCKS soft shocks | eBay
But I am not sure as to whether these would be reliable at all haha. I also want to get some wheel spacers to widen this quad, but would this quad still be as easy to throw around turns? I want to widen to make it less tipsy and make it look cooler.

Last edited by a moderator:
avoid those shocks in that link at all costs, garbage, if they even arrive

banshee shocks are supposed to be slightly better
best option is used "works performance" shocks from ebay, under $200
try to find a set that lists what rider weight they are for, and try to get close to your weight
and i too hesitated widening mine for fear of losing nimbleness, but never had tippy problems, ya gotta get your ass off the seat in the turns !!!!!!
boy was i wrong, way better widened !!!!!!
do it

go ahead and widen it, at the rear as well as front. Ditto with AWK, dont touch those shocks...look at getting a set of used Works shock or some banshee shocks. I have been very impressed with works shocks, reasonable and very soft.

Haha thanks for the help guys- You just answered all my questions! I will go look for the shocks now, and because you recommended the widening I'm game! This quad is going to be so nasty when done lol

YFZ 450 dual stage Works shocks perform well and don't cost an arm and a leg!

Lifts the front up a bit as they are longer.