Shearer Pipe leak

zgjttgd

Oct 13, 2008
North Carolina
Just installed the Shearer it's great, one minor problem is that there is a bit of a leak where the head pipe and tail pipe come together. It really isn't a problem it just smokes a bit when you first start it. I was wondering if there is a universal collar that I can put on this. I know some are make to fit, but I have seen some with some kind of high temp rubber that goes over both pipes. Any ideas? Thanks

I talked to Matt himself on this when I installed mine... two things you can do, 1 is to get high temp atv gasket maker (red) and put some on the stinger and push them togather. 2 you can rig up you stock one to work with better hose clamps, or he said a stock banshee one will fit perfect. I made my stock one work

I will now sell the pipe with the rubber boot.
The hose that I will sell with the pipe is the same material that would be used on turbo charged motors. Its the hose that would be between the compressor and intercooler.
Its a high pressure and high temp rubber tubing.

ok want to sell me one because i am tired of the leak. i have heater hose and high temp rtv. the hose melted to it and split and is not holding up. I dont understand why it didnt come with one to begin with