shattered piston skirt!!! (info plz)

I'm gna pull apart the bottom part of the motor and make sure there are no more pieces and aluminum shavings. So boring it to the next size is my best bet, but what else would I need to feel a bit more power. I got a full system FMF exhaust and k&n filter, I was thinking of getting a sprocket kit for more torque or is it the same like a sports bike???

I was about to say, I made that mistake of not getting my skirt pieces out of the bottem end when my piston blew In my 2004 Yamaha Blaster. So make sure you get all the pieces out. It save's you alot of trouble.

You could get a rear sprocket with a few more teeth to give it some extra power down low, but it will lack the top end power it had before. If you want to see serious power gains you can port your cylinder and have the head shaved or completely switch to a 240 bbk.

Head gasket will be fine and no other mods needed for the new piston. IF you have time and tools, check out Ken O's vid on porting, you'll pick up a few ponies, but will need to jet for it. Also check his vid on top end assembly so you do it right.

I was able to eaily clean my case out from skirt failure. Took alot of work though! .090 over and runs like a champ! Splitting cases scares me!

I was able to eaily clean my case out from skirt failure. Took alot of work though! .090 over and runs like a champ! Splitting cases scares me!

yea i know what u mean didnt want to spilt mine open so just tried my best to get all the broken pieces out

Thanks Iam going with 72 mm. There around a 100 bucks the bore is the same price nomatter how big. I have 200 to spend and a discount bc I know someone. What's the best oil shut off kit or does it matter and just go with the cheapest.

Thanks Iam going with 72 mm. There around a 100 bucks the bore is the same price nomatter how big. I have 200 to spend and a discount bc I know someone. What's the best oil shut off kit or does it matter and just go with the cheapest.

You cannot simply bore a stock cylinder out to 72mm. The stock cylinder sleeve is too thin to handle this. You have to press a new sleeve into the cylinder to fascilitate the big bore piston.

LA sleeve makes a sleeve to do this with or you can buy the whole Vito's 12 port sleeve and piston kit for about $220 and press that into your cylinder.

well i dont want to waste my jug so i am going with a smaller piston and just a better grade. and ideas on what to get for a little more power and longer use. what would be better 30 or 40 or 60 over

well i dont want to waste my jug so i am going with a smaller piston and just a better grade. and ideas on what to get for a little more power and longer use. what would be better 30 or 40 or 60 over

.010 over would be best if possable if not .020 over.
boring it over isnt going to do anything for power its just to clean up wht bore from that the last pistion did to the cylinder, you want to keep it as small as you can

You don't gain any power with any over bore..... Just the 240 kit.... Which still isn't much If you just port.....

Alright. I ain't worried about my stock jug would it be good to go .
40 then 65 then big bore. Or is there a dramatic HP gain between 20 and 40 over.

there is no extra power gained from overboring it is only used to clean up the cylinder walls, and .010 over is only 10 thousandths of an inch so it hardly adds any displacement to the cylinder the same goes for .020 .030 .040...etc the extra power youll feel is only from the fresh top end not the bigger bore, http://www.blasterforum.com/engine-13/cylinder-bore-ccs-23137/ read this it tells you exactly how much more cc's are added for each overbore.

same thing happened to me. I needed a bore, new piston, new rod, new crank, a gasket kit, and new bearings.