Setting float height on stock carb

BlasterPlumb

Sep 8, 2019
hey everyone, I seen the write up on setting carb float height, but it’s confusing me, where do you measure from and to and what is the correct measurement? Thanks in advance

20 - 21.5 mm measured from where the gasket sits in the carb body (gasket removed) to the highest point on the float, held as shown in the DIY thread

20 - 21.5 mm measured from where the gasket sits in the carb body (gasket removed) to the highest point on the float, held as shown in the DIY thread
Thanks, I am going to try setting it tomorrow, and replace the clutch disks in my 99. Going on some long rides next week with my 2 blasters and moto4 it’s been a pain getting them 100%.

Reactions: Awk08
I gotta say blaster clutches are one of the worst by far. It was a royal pita making the inner adjustment . The way it is don’t even seem right , I don’t know how the 10mm nut doesn’t fly off

I gotta say blaster clutches are one of the worst by far. It was a royal pita making the inner adjustment . The way it is don’t even seem right , I don’t know how the 10mm nut doesn’t fly off

On top of my clapped out clutch cable, I may get a new clutch post spring. It’s functioning fine, the adjustment is balls on, doesn’t jerk when going into gear and shifts fine, but it doesn’t have as much tension in the lever as I would like , as my 06 does.

0C6FC608-2AB9-4CCC-BFA6-298F781F2DD3.jpeg