self adjusting clutch

tryingtobefaster

Feb 15, 2008
cadillac, mi
why does my skrew in the clutch, you know the self adjusting one, why does it keep skrewing itself in so tight that my lever wont release the clutch anymore? i took the case off and losened it up and it all worked great for maybe 10 min then it went back to the way it was again. the handle is kinda rigged up but it worked for all winter. i dont see how that could affect it. let me know what you think. pm's are more affective i have trouble finding me again.

maybe the hardware for the clutch"springs ,washers,nuts" are worn and not holding the clutch adjustment.

Good Luck with your clutch woooo's:)

i never knew i was supposed to locktite it, thats a great idea, but will it prevent it from adjusting itself when it needs too? and how would sloppy springs pull it in tight, wouldnt they push the pressure plate off not pull it closer? what about a broken lever, my clutch lever is broke and it tends to slip off its nut, will that cause it to tighten up? to me it seems it would all push the plate off not tighten but you all seem to have a good idea about these blasters, gatta love em. even when they dont work right

if youd like to adjust after you locktite just put some power into it, loctite doesnt mean youll never be able to unscrew again, just use a little more ummpphhh

and about the lever, BUY A NEW ONE MAN, they cost like 15 bucks, 5 if u go on ebay and do a little looking

and about the lever, BUY A NEW ONE MAN, they cost like 15 bucks, 5 if u go on ebay and do a little looking

I:I agree... That could cause a issue.
if the screw on the lever is out to much it will make the clutch slip.
I found out the hard way after I already bought a new clutch and all it was cause my clutch to slip was the lever adjustment.

But I guess I have a new clutch for future useI:I

well duh dude, i know i need a new one, i ordered it today actually, but it worked all winter, so i figured it to be an internal issue. moneys tight man, gas at 3.85 a gallon for premium, i dont get to do so much riding, baby coming in any day now. that 20 bucks for the clutch lever was hard to come by. i do appreciate the help thow guys, i was thinking i had another big costly thing happening.