see through mag cover

lowkhalbalr

Jun 5, 2010
SRQ
So I know there's a couple of guys on bf that have done this bling mod, and considering I'm about to do it myself, I was wondering if anyone has some helpful insight?

How bout a tempered glass lens & led's ... how ricey is that, eh ... sorry, it won't help ya much ... I used a lathe and it's a YZ.
~
flywheelcoverlit.jpg

~
alkyyz250motor036.jpg

~
I bottom taped the retaining ring & used tiny screws from the inside. The chrome vinyl is just to reflect the light from the led's onto the flywheel.
~
Blastrstatorcoverinside1016.jpg

~
Really, Blasterfreek30 is the expert on this with blasters ... you can also search for YB200's freehand version just for entertainment :)

That's hot. And I cut glass for I living so tempered glass will be easy to get ahold of. I was thinkin if use a hole saw and lexan and clear rtv to seal it up. We'll see.

If you're a glass cutter maybe you can succeed where I've failed. I picked up some domed glass frying pan lids at Goodwill for like a dollar each. The kind with side handles or big handles so there is a big area in the middle with no holes. Wanted to have the only domed see through clutch cover :) I shattered every damn one ... LOL almost got one but got hasty ... damn tempered glass ... or maybe it was the brew. If you can cut one, I'd like to buy one.

If you're a glass cutter maybe you can succeed where I've failed. I picked up some domed glass frying pan lids at Goodwill for like a dollar each. The kind with side handles or big handles so there is a big area in the middle with no holes. Wanted to have the only domed see through clutch cover :) I shattered every damn one ... LOL almost got one but got hasty ... damn tempered glass ... or maybe it was the brew. If you can cut one, I'd like to buy one.

I was thinking of heating the plexiglass with a heat gun to get that small dome shape to it. Maybe I can find one of them lids to use as a mold press to get a cleaner dome shape.

I can cut one np. However it will be plate. Domed glass is typically molded that way. Btw you can't cut tempered. It's impossible. They get the shape they want then fire it for the tempering process. It could have been strengthened either way without a laser it won't happen:p

Can ya grind tempered if ya don't get it hot? That's how I almost did one ... with an abrasive wheel ... got hasty, got hot & blew up ... ooops ... prolly would have blown up anyway but I don't give up easy :)

Can ya grind tempered if ya don't get it hot? That's how I almost did one ... with an abrasive wheel ... got hasty, got hot & blew up ... ooops ... prolly would have blown up anyway but I don't give up easy :)

got to admit temperd glass blows up awesome! Love having tiny pebbles instead of shards!

I sand tempered everyday at work with a belt sander, but then its just to knock the razor edge off. I suppose you could. Just keep it cool and be patient, and maybe not drink so much beer:p