Seafoam

dwcth

Apr 27, 2009
Anyone add seafoam to their gas???? I use it in my 4-strokes but have not tried it in a 2.......

ive always wondered the same thing... but on the can it says it can be used in lawnmowers and stuff like that and they are often times 2 strokes but the engine could differ alot from the blaster

I've run it in a Yamaha PW80 that had a dirty carb. I wasn't sure that the carb needed rebuilt, so I added a 1/2 can to the fuel and turned my wife loose on the bike. It cleaned the carb up and the bike ran great; no carb rebuild necessary.

never tried it on a quad before, but I've used it many times on cars, and can say from experience that stuff works! It works really well if you pour about half a can in the gas tank and then take the vaccume line off the brake booster and then start pouring the rest of the can down the vaccume line directly into the intake till the car starts to die then plug the line with your thumb till the car idles back up and then repeat till it's all gone.(The car will smoke a lot during thisbut thats good its the carbon being cleaned out) once you have done that turn the car off and let it set for about 10 min and then fire it up and drive it. It will smoke a lot at first but then it will clear up and with in a couple of min it will have a noticable boost in power (assuming the car had carbon deposits robbing power in the first place)

I use seafoam in EVERYTHING I own with a motor. I had a snow blower that ran really bad and after 5 mins of adding it has ran great ever since. I also use it when I tear apart my carbs to soak them in it, gets all the tarnish and buildup. VERY GOOD PRODUCT!I:I