Runs Funny

dkomarek

Mar 11, 2008
My blaster is being dumb at the moment, I was hoping someone might be able to tell me what might possibly be the problem.

Basically, it starts and idels great, but when I'm just cruz'n it acts slugish, and then some times, not all the time, it will just take off and run like a champ (not for long mind you), usually 2nd or 3rd gear. I always try to keep the rpms up in the power band, so it's not like I'm just bogging it down. But it only seems to take off if you hit the throttle at the right rpm. We pulled the plug, and to tell you the truth, the plug looks fine. My buddy seems to think that it's the CDI box, but I would hate to just start blindly throwing money at the problem if it's something simple.

Thanks

do you have a service manual?
if not search on here i believe there is one posted up
check out how to diagnose if there is anything wrong with te cdi
you should also disco your tors system,everybody on here seems to think its the miracle cure

Well, the filter looks fine, it's a brand new clamp on. I'm thinking you might be right blaster biotch, we were at the dunes, and I ran it the night we got there, and other than running a tid bit fat, it ran awsome. So my buddy, with out even thinking, decided he was going to put a smaller jet in my carb. I think he got some sand or sh*t in there when he took it apart, only thing is, after it started running like ass, that was my diognosis and pulled it apart again and sprayed the sh*t out of it with carb cleaner, and replaced the "new" jet with the one that was in it the night before, and it still does the same thing.

And it's an aftermarket carb so the tors is already gone.

MAYBE sand in the pilot jet? take it off clean jets throughly and should clear it up. go with what u know works and dont change anything else. there really isnt mush than can change at any given moment. unless u have water in the stator. good luck let us know.

Well, let's just say I got lucky... One of my reeds from my wonderfull snap together v-force reed cage decide that it wasn't going to stay in. I got lucky because it didn't come completly out, that would have sucked balls if it had come all the way out and right on into the combustion chamber. I'm just glad I decided to check it after I cleaned the carb for a third time.

V-force; good performance design, bad construction design.