running way too rich! HELP...

Thcmccaw420

May 10, 2009
New Hampshire
So i just put my fatty on wit a core 2 and thing sounds beautiful. Like more beautiful then my girl. Lol anyways i took her (My bike) for a spin and runs even better but you can smell how rich it runs also. So now my main question is there a way i can adjust that myself at all?

huh??? running rich in what,premix or jetting???? in premix you should be running 32:1 and if your running rich on the jetting,go down a size on the main jet or take the airbox lid off,that should help.

K well im new to this so gotta talk me through it like a tard! So yes all i did was switch out pipes and its got a meaner smell to it. Its not boggin atlest not rite now. Only took it out for about a half hour. So should i just get the jet kit and go from there?

never heard anyone say it smells different with exhaust, do not do what i did when i FIRST got a exhaust for my blaster, i was supposed to rejet and i forgot, too excited for dunes, blew a hole right thru my wiseco piston on a 230 main jet in stock carb, whats worse is it ran perfectly fine till it blew up going top speed, you would of never known it was lean.

I have my oil sh*t set up the same way it came. I run just yama lube all day. So pretty much when you put new pipes on it should be rejeted? Is what everyone is trying to tell me? Also how do i kno which kit to go wit or is there one fits all?

most guys on here will tell you to get like a 270 main, no airbox lid could need bigger, and a couple smaller ones, put the biggest one in, run it wide open, shut it down, then read the plug, search for "plug chop"on here, it'll guide ya thru it, if the 270 plug reads rich(dark, black,wet,oily lookin), then go down one size, and repeat till you get a nice light brown dry lookin plug