Running lean forever?

coreyhudson2

Aug 15, 2010
My quad is running great EXCEPT its still running lean. It is completely sealed with Red RTV except for the Exhaust (new Toomey leaks a lil, Bad?). When i first got the B1 (thanks scotj) kit i switched out the jet to a 330, as recommended by Toomey. Did a plug chop at WOT for the main, Pristine white (on the plug
), with lil black specks (crap). Richened it up to 340 (no specks anymore) then to 360, still lean. What am i doing wrong, i didn't change the needle setting cause i see people with 340 kits keep stock.

At the time i did not have a hack saw, and i will have the quad tomm, so i will do a proper plug CHOP. Didnt do the Chop part last time cause i thought it would be noticeable.

Another thing, on my quad when im in 4 or 5th gear (14t sprok) and im not in the powerband i stay at the same revs (no acceleration) is this normal with the toomey or do i have a different problem. i have to be in the powerband to haul.

Ok ill bring it to my friend tomm, he has a leak tester, we'll check that, ill report back after that.

Thanks