runnin way rich

BlasterCrazy

Dec 31, 2008
Michigan
I have a 35 kehin air sticker and im as low as it can go on the pliot jet and it still wont idle its way to rich im spittin out oil out the exhuast i think it my cranks seal if there are any other possiblty let me know but the main question i have if i do a leakdown test on the seal do i have to take the motor apart to dry out the water or will i be fine with just takin out the seal i've already ran the motor

what water?????
check the float level, is it pissing gas out the overflows too ?????
and what mods are you running that you need a 35mm carb ?????????

when u test the crank seal the book says to put soapy water through a breather vaule on the side of the case the float i think is right but the float is not causin me to run that way but im not really sure were to measure the float at if u can show me pic on were u measure the float at i really think i have a bad crank seal cause the amount of oil coming out of the exhuast but when u do a leakdown test on the crank seal do i have tear apart the hole motor to dry the soapy water out of the case or will i be fine the mods i have done to the motor is 35mm airstriker boyseen reeds 3mm stroker and trail aggersive port for the crank and no spacer plate and the head is redone for the crank

when u do a leakdown test u take the clutchcover off and spray soapy water on the seal at the crank to see if its leaking. to test the float level u need a tool to measure in mm. you take the float off and measure from the bottom of the carb to the bottom of the float when the float is just touching the valve seat closed but not pressing the spring in.

no, you dont put soapy water down anything, putting the trans breather hose into a cup of water will tell you if the case halves are leaking into the trans, sprying it onto the seals on both sides (clutch side and flywheel side) will tell you if they're leaking,
then clean out in there with brake cleaner, and let dry
but it will be blowing white smoke bad, if your burning trans oil, not just leaking it out the pipe, sounds like what your seeing is called "splooge" and is from running way rich, which leads us back to the carb.............generally the 35's are used for the 240 kits, 32 - 34 is prolly a better bet for your mods, where did this 35 come from, another older bike ??? newer A/M ??? what jetting is in it ???
and heres how/where to measure your float level...........
2qa8qau.jpg

Thanks for the pic awk08 that really helps me out alot wat comin out of the exhuast looks more white then blue for the crab i got it off ebay and my best guess is a 250r is wat it came off of know the porting is closer to a drag port then a trail aggersive port so i think im ok with size cause im runnin 180psi without the motor fully broken in yet the pilot thats in it right know is a 38 and kehin only go down to a 35 pilot the needle is in the middle and 2 turns out on the air screw and a 160 main