Runaway 2 stroke!!

Camtoe420

Nov 4, 2015
Anyone ever have there Blaster motor run away on them like a old diesel...my buddy was driving his today and it just took off on him wide open..he hit the kill switch.nothen..pulled the spark plug wire.nothen lol it eventually died..I thought it was gonna blow for sure.
After it died we started and the rpms took off wot again..only way to kill it is to hit the kill switch and then hit the throttle...
Ended up being that all but 1 of the nuts that hold the cylinder jug down rattled off LOL found 3 random nuts n she's mint again..
Anyone else ever have there Blaster run away..reading on Google it seems to be an issue

Excessively lean condition making it get so hot that the fuel doesnt need the spark plug to ignite. The loose base nuts let in alllot of xtra air so therefore lean. Make sure you torque them down properly and you should be using a new base gasket. Your lucky the piston didnt melt itself to the cylider wall. I am sure the cylinder walls and or piston dont look the best at this point either.

Reactions: 2strokerdie
Excessively lean condition making it get so hot that the fuel doesnt need the spark plug to ignite. The loose base nuts let in alllot of xtra air so therefore lean. Make sure you torque them down properly and you should be using a new base gasket. Your lucky the piston didnt melt itself to the cylider wall. I am sure the cylinder walls and or piston dont look the best at this point either.
Nah she dropped a skirt shortly after lol..which is weird cuz I thought side to side action would cause that...piston was good other than. That...ended up cleaning the base up and running g the piston with a broken skirt for like 3 months until his new piston n cylinder came LOL

Last edited:
Nah she dropped a skirt shortly after lol..which is weird cuz I thought side to side action would cause that...piston was good other than. That...ended up cleaning the base up and running g the piston with a broken skirt for like 3 months until his new piston n cylinder came LOL

My ghast is flabbered.

Bits of piston in the case , no skirt, and ran for 3 months!

My ghast is flabbered.

Bits of piston in the case , no skirt, and ran for 3 months!
We cleaned the bottom end and ran it for 3 months lol yup..not one Peice came up as far as I can tell because the head still looks new lol...and the skirt broke when I kicked it over not while it was running..so that's what saved it...it still runs today mint after almost a year with the new top end