Rm 125 would it do it

ehh.... i dunno about the whole power thing. but yeah i wasnt paying attention on the whole 185 195 bthing.

The RM125 is quoted in some years as putting out 40HP. That is more (peak HP anyway) than the blaster engine but you also have to remember that the Rm125 weighs a LOT less than a blaster so suzuki would not have put a premium on torque at all. They would have had to sacrifice some of the torque to put out that HP number and it might not like revving way up and dumping the clutch everytime to get a quad (or a kart) moving...

the peak hp number is great for a shifter cart, as they dont weight much, usually way less than a bike and quad.

It probably would work fine in a shifter cart come to think of it. Not just because of the weight but because of the type of use. Most shifter carts are out on the race circuit on asphalt. One take off and then like 20 laps... no on and off again clutch burning. No desire to take it out trail riding or anything.

i had a kx100 on my shifter kart before my blaster and the accidentthe cart would smoke tires and beat my friends outlaw 500 all day so , i can just think what this rm would do

Last edited:
i think that 125 would blow out a stock blasty way more stock power but the quad has more rotating mass so that will make a difference in the rear wheel hp compared to a bike. ive also seen videos of blaster with 80 conversions and they would roll the hell out and who cares if it vibrates i dont think your gonna feel too much vibration anyway with it wot, u prolly wont even notice any vibration unless your sitting still and i dont know about any of you but i dont just sit there on my quad bs'ing with the engine idling im either riding or the engine is dead and im having a beer.

im not worried about vibes im try to make my rolling chasis a second
quad and to make something thats little and fast the engin wont cost
me much at all but yes i hate bs'ers too if thats what your tryin to say

im not worried about vibes im try to make my rolling chasis a second
quad and to make something thats little and fast the engin wont cost
me much at all but yes i hate bs'ers too if thats what your tryin to say

if the engine wont cost much for you then heck yeah slap that sucker in there u have nothing to loose but a little bit of time and money. its still pretty cool to see any kind of swap and you will always turn heads with something a little different so go for it.

like i said it will we interest ethier way you know ,im just tryin to get some info its a 90's engine
, that s a very nice blaster you have your self nice color combo

Last edited:
i got the engin yesterday and its in peices (basket case)91 rm 125 i looked it up the engin has 38 to 41 hp that more then i thought , il try to get pics for no BSing