Rims And Tires Help

May 18, 2012
Scotland
Hi guys buying rims and tires tonight.

few things i want to know are.

are the blue label rims ok or would i be better with the black labels or the red?

and if the rims are 10x5 3.0 +2.0 will sizes 21 X 7 X 10 E MARK 6 Ply razr 2 tires fit? thanks! also il be buying the rims from Rockymountain.

The Blue .125 are usually only used by duners/drag/hillshooters. If you even think you may get clos e to a rock ,get the reds. The slight difference in weight won't be noticeable, but a bent or dented rim will be X(
Even description of the .160 Black label says dunes/light jumping. With the shocks you have I doubt you'll be "light" jumping :eek:

As to a 7in tire on 5in rim I can't say. maybe some one else will chime in?

The Blue .125 are usually only used by duners/drag/hillshooters. If you even think you may get clos e to a rock ,get the reds. The slight difference in weight won't be noticeable, but a bent or dented rim will be X(
Even description of the .160 Black label says dunes/light jumping. With the shocks you have I doubt you'll be "light" jumping :eek:

As to a 7in tire on 5in rim I can't say. maybe some one else will chime in?

thanks man! yeah il go for the red labels. need to wait until tomorrow though as still to get birthday money as been a busy day with sister. but il get them ordered :) yeah once my quad is ran in there will be no "light" jumping lol

i honestly think blues would be fine. before i rebuilt mine for mx, i ran it on the trails, my dad convinced me the blues would be fine so i bought blues in the back and blacks up front, i rode hard trails fast and never really had a problem. i do remember there was one REAL slight bend in the back rim, but thats it.

i honestly think blues would be fine. before i rebuilt mine for mx, i ran it on the trails, my dad convinced me the blues would be fine so i bought blues in the back and blacks up front, i rode hard trails fast and never really had a problem. i do remember there was one REAL slight bend in the back rim, but thats it.

thanks man just ordered the blue label ordering tires tomorrow :)

So even with shipping and import duties was still cheaper than local linc you posted? Or was it because of the tyre type?

well Steve N on here he lives in the uk as well and he never got hit with tax when he bought his stuff from rocky mountain think they pay it or they use a service that don't take the charges. and well for maxxis razr 2 tires was going to cost me £170/$200 but i went on ebay with the tire size and i got them for about £20/$30 cheaper not much but worked out cheaper than the tire and wheel bundle and its maxxis tires instead of the cheaper brand ones i was going for in the bundle. got them ordered and there paid for so should have them by next week :)