rim mounting went bad

Demo4o1

Jan 29, 2011
Providence, RI
www.facebook.com
So i bought some maxxis razr tires last night and went to get them swapped, i went to this local tire shop thinking these guys so a decent price compared to others. they mounted my blaster tires before. no problem. only this time they had to REMOVE my rear tires and put in new ones. in the process or removing the balloons i had on (in my sig) the idiot totaly tears the tire, then bends the rim in 4 places! mind u these are not even 1 hour ridden rims brand new. the audicity the guy tries to bend it back with a WRENCH and sneak the maxxis on. i said OH HELLL NO! i said I WANT MY 63 FOR THE RIM and 40 for THAT tire u tore!

they REFUSED to pay me. i threatened them with a lawyer and police then they said we'll give u 50. i said are u crazy?! then i made some calls to scare them and after 35 mins they gave my the 63 for the rim. as for the tire i was sh*t outta luck. cops said it was a civil matter that they cant do nothing. FML! make matters worst i called townfair tire and they MOUNT FOR FREE!!! i also went back to take my rim valve back tooI:I these shmucks was charging me 20 to mount 2 tires

That sucks! If I ever get rich that will be one thing i buy a profesional tire mounting machine. Then I'll hook all my blasty bro's up!

^^^^ make sure you have the correct attachments. my dad has access to one and you cant use it to break the beads of some quad tires.

fkn ahole really destroyed my rim! i mean it was BAD. i REALLY havent had no more than 5 mins on the road with them and the tires. so the dick tore the tire prying it off so thats prolly trash. but the rim yea its a goner. it was messed up cus he really tried to sneak the new tire back on hoping i wasnt watching but before he did that he grabbed a wrench to try to straighten the bends. i was like u mfers ARE paying me for THAT rim. they did eventually so i went ahead and ordered another one. in the mean time i put back on my gross steels with maxxis. i dont drive it like that anyway so really its nothing. but i lost out on the tire and had to deal with the inconvenience. i hope townfair has the dimensions u are talking about shee cus i'll go APE in there too if they wreck the new ones too! but townfair tire is a pretty professional spot so i THINK i can trust them. idk anywhere else to go. btw i had the dunlops on these rims for like a week and come to think of i dont think i even took it for a ride yet with THEM. as u can c my avator theres still GLUE wetness from the around the lip! i put that avator up last week!!! i only took it for test runs up and down the street nothing more. the tires are ballooned out so i HAD to get rid of them

that sucks man. i ALWAYS mount my own quad tires. the rims are smaller than car and truck tires so alot of guys machines cant break a quad tires bead. i just remove my valve stem and use a hand sledge hammer and my weight. then soapy water and my weight again to put the tire back on.

thats what townfair told me when i called them. they said to bring it in and theyll c if they can do it if they cant they'll tell me. these shmucks that wrecked my sh*t didnt give 2 fks if they could do it or not they just wanted $$. and after the incident my friends told me they messed up alotta ppls wheels. i said gee guys THANKS for referring me to them! this little shop is some side garage that sells used tires.

that sucks man. i ALWAYS mount my own quad tires. the rims are smaller than car and truck tires so alot of guys machines cant break a quad tires bead. i just remove my valve stem and use a hand sledge hammer and my weight. then soapy water and my weight again to put the tire back on.

u make it sound easy. there should be a DIY for mounting tires and removing them. i tried to mount them myself when i 1st got the rim and tires but i was scratching up the aluminum so i took it to the SAME prick and mounted it fine. a week later i come back to have him remove the tires and mount new ones. i guess he couldnt take them off without beating my rim to sh*t

well when i get new front tires i will take pics and put a diy. it will be a while but be on the look out for it.

man that sucks. i love the look of your quad with those rims. it would look better with those new tires 2 I:I I:I I:I

man i spent the last couple hours watching youtube vids on mounting atv tires and every1 of them are how to's if u dont give a sh*t about ur rims! i dont wanna drive over my tire and scrape the rims on the pavement. there has to a friendlier way! but yea im itching to get these maxxis razr2s on (20x11x10)! they look great and i bet it grabs everything it touches. but i might just break the beads to make it easier for the shop incase they F mine up. but knowing me if i break the beads theres no turning back. im gonna try to mount them myself. lol

Go to harbor freight and get some big c clamps 3 should do it use tem to slowly squeeze the sidewalks and press the bead off the rim , use some soap and a tire spoon for the rest . Use a old piece of carpet ( or a new one I don't care ) to lay the rim on to protect it . If you have a big bench vice you can make a bead popper with that too , just takes some thinking .

i didnt really wanna buy any tools.. but as far as breaking the bead i think ima take a 2x4 and put it on the tire and drive over it slowly with thick mat underneath. then to remove the tire.. hmm.. reeeeeally dont wanna ruin the lip prying it with flat heads and sh*t.. really would be great if someone did a DIY with detailed instructions and pics.. hint hint.

I had the same problem trying to get a set of fronts installed on a set of rims I have.They bent the sh*t out of the rim and still never got the tires on and tried to say nothing about it.I had ordered a few things from them when I was in there so when I went to pick them up I left without paying for anything.Never heard a word and still need to get the tires mounted.I was able to bang the dents out enough to salvage the rim but do it right or don't touch it.