removing the stater

Nov 7, 2008
how to you remove this to access teh flywheel? do you take all the small bolts off to get it off, or is this pressed onto the shaft?

i have the flywheel puller.

So far ive tryed removing all the small bolts on it, but 2 have striped heads, so need to know if thats right before i get the drio out adn risk messing it up.

Are you trying to remove the stator or flywheel.Either way to remove the flywheel you need to take off the nut and washer in the center of the flywheel and then use the flywel puller to get it off.When the flywheel breaks free you will know it and be ready for it.Once the flywheel is off you can remove the 2 stator bolts and the stator should pull off.They do fit snugly in the tabs of the cases so you may need to give it some help.

im trying to check the flywheel key.

ive tryed screwing the pullyer into the shaft, i found that it has to be screwed in reverse. well it screws in about 1 round then wont screw in anymore and is acting like the threads are striped out on the engine....

ok i finaly got it... is the flywheel key this half moon looking thing?

2011-03-13_10-32-16_459.jpg

and can someone tell me what part is the actual flywheel? maybe its from workign on cars, but i was expecting something with teeth on it?