Removing old clutch..

it's a spring washer, the new clutch kit most likely replaces it, if you look, one of the smaller fibers has a larger inside diameter. if all of the new fibers are are the same size then you won't need the spring washer

That was part of Yamahas method of softer clutch engagement. Not needed or wanted. Be sure to soak new fibers in tranny oil for 24hrs BEFORE installing

heres my version.........................

lucky im just copy and pastin this............... it took me 4 or 5 times to get this right the first time, very frustrating, do all this with the cable disconnected at the hand lever so it doesnt effect the internal adjustment, remove clutch cover, loosen the small locknut and screw in the middle of the clutch basket, back it out a little, (the adjustment shaft in the middle of the clutch basket) then where the cable connects to the motor lever on the shifter side, theres a notch that lines up, look on the engine lever for the little point and a mark on the case, line these up, make sure it doesnt move while adjusting, a freind would be good here, then move to the other side, tighten the rod in with a small screwdriver till you feel it touch, then back it off 1/2 a turn,then tighten the locknut, <<<<definately use locktite here, mine almost came loose, and thats disaster, then reconnect the cable to the clutch lever, and adjust your slack, i also did this with the wheels off the ground, so i could spin them with the clutch lever pulled in, to see if the wheels spun free, before i put it all back together