Removed airbox lid and now...

dc5dave

Aug 15, 2009
New York
I'm boggin...bad. I think its because I have to much air coming in now causing me too run too lean. Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Are you running a stock carb? either way you have to get some jets (little brass nozzle like things) that regulate your fuel and air flow. you need to get a bigger one in there so you can compensate for all the extra air flow.

do you know what size you are running right now? And ill get you a link to the correct jets also.

Well to find out, go to your blasty, and unscrew the (2) screws (one on each side) one going from your intake manifold to your carb, and the other going from the reeds. ill get a pic and go into further explaination.

30bd75f.jpg
unscrew those, then unscrew your float bowl (4 screws i belive) and then in the middle you will see a brass hex fitting. grab a ratchet and take that out and there will be a number stamped on it. let me know from here if you need help.

Last edited:
o alright and the number stamped on it will be the size?

BTW mods that i know of are dynoport exhaust, uni air filter, 240 BB and i'm running oil injection

yes sir, the number is the size. and im running like a 320 or 330 with just an F7 pipe and a uni so id say around there.

ok, before you do that jetting, if its bogging( as in not revving high) then it is RICH, lean causes you to rev really high.

But he said it was fine untill he removed his lid. more airflow also requires more fuel correct? So technicly, hes running lean and needs a bigger jet.