Remove Paint From Plastics!

Rashid1739

Apr 9, 2012
Fond du Lac, WI
So I just got a 2000 Blaster. The guy that had it before me painted the quad a different shade of blue. What would be the easiest way to take that spray paint off, then prep the quad for a new paint job. I was thinking of using krypton fusion paint. If anyone has any hints or anything like that let me know!!!

i used an industrial strength electric motor degreaser and the paint ran right off i used an old cd case for a scraper on the thick stuff and the krylon fusion worked good for me just make sure everything is clean and dry before starting with the paint

there were some places where the paint was thick and i had to let it sit for about an hour without any problems it didnt harm them at all

We just painted my friends with Krylon Fusion. The plastics were already painted so we just sanded them back down to the plastic. It's all in the prep work! I didn't like the Krylon clear coat. It left a milky look. We just used gloss clear.

We just painted my friends with Krylon Fusion. The plastics were already painted so we just sanded them back down to the plastic. It's all in the prep work! I didn't like the Krylon clear coat. It left a milky look. We just used gloss clear.

i agree 100% about the prep work i didnt try the clear coat i used a satin black that actualy turned out like gloss but im still happy with how it turned out overall

well when i painted my set of red i have i scothbrited the p+++ out of it and used ace prieum paint and used laquer on top of the paint

Heat gun will pull the paint right up. Just don't set it in one spot for too long or it will warp the plastic.

It's also a great way to rid of stress marks in the plastic.

I used Jasco paint remover. Paint it on with a brush, let it sit for a little while and bubble up the paint then hose and scrub it off. Worked great and dosen't hurt the plastic. Wear rubber gloves.

i stripped the black paint from white rear fenders. good household cleaners like "shout" are powerfull enough to strip paint if mixed with other cleaners. i used 'shout' and 'fantastic' togeather with a very fine sand paper or toothbrush. use 4000 or so grit sandpaper to give the plastic a good smooth finish. if the plastics are coloured id use a torch later to shine them up