Reeds: Vforce or Boyesen??

BlackBlaster01

Jan 8, 2016
Hey guys, building up an 01 Blaster with some intake and exhaust mods and jetting, I also was looking into upgrading my reed valves, however I'm a bit frugal when it comes to my finances, so I was wondering which option for reed valves was better for the money Boyesens or Vforce 4 reeds? Do Boyesen reeds deliver more optimal performance than the factory reeds or are they just a minor step up from the stock reeds? I know Vforce4 reeds make a huge difference in power, I just wanted to know if Boyesens came anywhere close to what the Vforce reeds can do. Also, what Blaster applicable reeds made by Boyesen are the best for making more power? Any info is appreciated.

Reeds do not make more power although V4's will give some improvement.

My choice if on a budget would be dual stage reeds, a Google increase in throttle response without breaking the bank.

V force 4 reeds are worth every penny. They flattened out the throttle response by bringing it up where it lacked on mine. Took me maybe a half hour to install because you have to mod something (I don't remember what but it won't sit flush against the head) and immediately I felt an increase in throttle response from the bottom end all the way to top revs. I recommend it

I also had boysen super stock reeds in a stock reed cage before I got the v-force. Made minimal difference over the worn stock ones.