Reeds breaking!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had those vito's reeds and they cracked the same place you said. I ended up putting my stock reeds back in and just broke one recently. I'd recommend to stay away from those dual stage reeds, they seem like they break easy.

I'm thinking the cause of this could be from you running rich or a heavy premix ratio, maybe even a combination of both. Running rich seems to be what broke my stock petals recently. What size jets are you running, and what ratio are you mixing at?

32:1 ratio. i never had a problem when i used to run 50:1 but not really sure if thats the problem. I've been running 32:1 for i while befor this started happening! Got a big bear 400 now, probably going to just sell it! tired of the problems!!!X(

now now brown cow. thats no way to fix your problems. lol jk man maybe you should just try to find a cheap reed cage with some stock reeds, clean up your carb and just check all the little basic stuff. if that doesnt work then you have some bigger problems. i have never had a problem with reeds cracking, so i dont know what could cause it. maybe try to clean up your air filter and the tube that connects it to the carb and all that

The 32:1 ratio shouldn't be causing the reeds to break. I noticed on mine when they broke that there seemed to be a good amount of oil on them from rich jetting, and thought the extra weight of the oil on them helped them to snap. Thats just my guess as to what caused it for me. As mentioned above, clean your air filter and tubing, make sure your air filter is still in good shape and that everything is sealed good so dirt can't get in.

You could try using a reed spacer to space the reeds back from the motor some and see if that helps also. Good luck.

yeah, it's the same side! the bottom side! I live i north east ky. $1000 is what i have on it now. I have some1 said they would buy it friday, but money talks!!! will meet if not to far! I'm going to Knoxville, TN. on sunday if your that way!

I got the same problem tried every thing u hav amd still no result. Ive got an 01 stock internaly, cage spacer, lrd adj. fatty, fmf power core silencer, twist throttle kehin carb, i get maybe an hour in then put in a new set of reeds. Same side breaks them off, stops are both on, not over torqued and no bakfire. Its getn kinda old.

Status
Not open for further replies.