Rechambered head assembly.......

Blastinit

Apr 14, 2013
SW Washington
So, here I am (impatiently) waiting for my head and cylinder to get back from KOR. My question is - when I get them back, is there anything special I need to know about assembly like deck height? Ken is porting my cylinder and doing his head rechamber. :-/

Also - What kind of performance gains can I expect?

A call to KOR will answer the deck height issue.

As to performance gain, my advice is to hone your hanging on skills.

Presuming you got port work also, and not knowing what you had before, up to 50% power increase.

Stock carb 300-330 main jet, maybe 340, (unknown factors).

Leak test and proper break-in suggested.

Grip it and rip it !!!

So, here I am (impatiently) waiting for my head and cylinder to get back from KOR. My question is - when I get them back, is there anything special I need to know about assembly like deck height? Ken is porting my cylinder and doing his head rechamber. :-/

Also - What kind of performance gains can I expect?

I'd ask about deck height!

Make sure u do a proper break in there vids and all!

And retorque ur head bolts after Riding! ( like with a real torque wrench autozone rents them out)

And leak test before start
Plug chop to make sure jettings good!

Then ride it like you stole it!

Ken did my head and ported the cylinder, I added an FMF and opened the airbox, premix and a 320 main (not yet dialed in). I have two machines, the other one is bone stock, and they ran pretty similar before the mods. You will be amazed at the performance increase. The engine sounds so much more healthy and it pulls strong throughout the rev range. Maybe its because of the new FMF pipe on mine, but all together the modified machine is almost easier to ride because the powerband is smoother, without the big hit that the stock bike has as the revs increase. I do sort of miss that hit, but we ran the two side by side, the stocker isn't even in the game. Its a blast, enjoy.

Thanks for all of the input guys! Ken's had my head & jug for three weeks now, so I hope to see it soon!!!! I'm looking forward to feeling the power!!!!

3 weeks, he told me two week turn around. I hope mine does not become 3 weeks also.

Stratton.

3 weeks, he told me two week turn around. I hope mine does not become 3 weeks also.

Stratton.

Thanks for all of the input guys! Ken's had my head & jug for three weeks now, so I hope to see it soon!!!! I'm looking forward to feeling the power!!!!

2-3 weeks still ha ?
thats simply amazing with the workload lined up at kens shop I:I
fastest turn-around in the business and you're on here complaining ?
call some other shops, i'll bet ya get 6-8 week turn-around qoutes.
unless your running a stroker crank, you shouldn't need to check squish, and as far as i understood, ken requires the whole engine to port for strokers now, due to variances in rod lengths.

in the mean time, you should be using these....
images

as you will need some extra forearm muscles soon :eek:

a little birdy just told me your cylinder is in the porting jig right now I:I

Last edited:
2-3 weeks still ha ?
thats simply amazing with the workload lined up at kens shop I:I
fastest turn-around in the business and you're on here complaining ?
call some other shops, i'll bet ya get 6-8 week turn-around qoutes.
unless your running a stroker crank, you shouldn't need to check squish, and as far as i understood, ken requires the whole engine to port for strokers now, due to variances in rod lengths.

in the mean time, you should be using these....
images

as you will need some extra forearm muscles soon :eek:

a little birdy just told me your cylinder is in the porting jig right now I:I

I was not complaining at all! I completely understand how busy Ken must be! I think Stratton was worried how long his would take. Ken has great communication and has been e-mailing with me as to status! Hey AWK, did the birdy say who's jug is in the jig - mine or Stratton's? I gotta say, I am getting excited!!!!!!!!!! I:I

Wasn't complaining, just speaking on what I was told as far as turn around time. It is what it is. No bitching on my end, I understand the process, I've built many custom motors over the years.

Stratton.

Hey AWK, did the birdy say who's jug is in the jig - mine or Stratton's? I gotta say, I am getting excited!!!!!!!!!! I:I

he did not, just mentioned someones cylinder, who's on here posting about 2-3 weeks turnaround times was in his hand, and he had to let me off the phone to get busy porting.
I:I

sorry stratton, my qouted reply above should have been to the OP

Definitely no worries on my end. Even if it was 6-8 weeks with Ken, I would have still sent it to him! I blew up his e-mail almost every day with questions, and he answered every time!!! His reputation for building the best and his customer service is why I chose him - and - will continue with him for all my needs in the future!!!!!!! I:I

Whoo Hoo!!!! Just got my tracking # from Ken - Looks like I'll be getting my head & jug back on Monday!!!! Can't wait to feel the Ken O'Connor magic!!!!!! I:I