REBUILT NOT WORKING

oldskool0317

Feb 27, 2008
Eudora Kansas
OK i got some new rear brake pads for the stock rear caliper.

I pulled mine apart and the pads were worn out and pretty much siezed from
sitting so long. There was no rust or anything in the housing, it's actually in great shape i was suprised.

Anyways, i get it all back together and after tightening the case up the brakes are locked up. I pulled it back off and unscrewed the adjuster the rest of the way and now they don't work at all.

I tried adjusting the cable tension and no change.

any other thoughts?????? i'm trying to get it to work so i can spend the money on the front brakes,,, i hate the drums more than the mechanical caliper.

in all honesty... the best upgrade to a blaster is go with hyd. rear....

clean out the drums in the front.. and they will get you by... maybe at a later time upgrade the fronts.... the best money i ever spent on a blaster was hyd. upgrades.

i went ahead and ordered the short cable and try that.

right now i can't afford to buy a Hydro kit,, maybe someday.

I bought the short rear brake cable about a month ago...made a big difference! Not as good as hyd. rears but a huge diff over that reatarded stock cable that goes up to handlebar

trust if i could afford it i'd buy it i tried getting the money together but my wife and i keep buying stuff for my daughter,lol. first kid.

i'm trying to talk my wife into some of the kids clothes on rockymountain.

ok is the brakes move when u use the pedal?
like get tighter?

if so then ur good, ur pad is just a bit to thick

so spray wd40 on thebrake disc and then pup the clutch that why the tires pull real hard and pull the disc around to waer the pads.. no hit the lever again and you now can go when u want and stop when you want.

and i think dirtyblaster was refuring to 03-06 models, his tip would be a good idea for 03-06 set up cuz most ppl never worked with brakes and dont know how a simply hydro set up works (alot more complicated then a cable attached to brake pad
lol

THE SHORT CABLE WORKS OUT GREAT I'M SO GLAD I SPENT THE MONEY.

I'VE ALREADY MESS WITH IT IT MIGHT NEED A LITTLE MORE ADJUSTMENT BUT I'M VERY HAPPY.

I'M ALSO GLAD I DON'T HAVE TO SEE THAT STUPID CABLE GOING ALL THE WAY ACROSS THE FRAME, IT LOOKED LIKE sh*t