Rebuilding two blasters

B-1

Jul 31, 2010
VA
I got two blasters that im rebuilding.Ive sent one bottom end and two cylinders to ken oconnor to rebuild and i have a bottom end on its way from a member so ill i have to do slap the top ends together and there done. both of these where spray painted when i got them so i have to sand everything down and repaint both of them. the white one has the worst paint shop ever. i dont have pics of the aarms but when they painted they didnt even wipe the grease off so it was like 3 inches thick of paint and dirt. heres what they looked like when i got them.
210kpsm.jpg

2mhsxuq.jpg

not much progress on these lately. got one done just waiting on motor the other one still needs to be painted. just got my new seat covers in today. ken is done with my motors and there on the way so hopefully next week ill have a running blaster and i can start on the other one. also been working on getting raptor 700 fenders or yfz fenders to work on this thing. i think im going to use the yfz fenders and headlights (if i can find lower watt bulbs) and airscoops if i can get them to work. pics soon as i get somethin done worth taking pics of haha

Got one motor together and on the frame just waitin on some small parts to finish it up. the other one is almost all painted. yfz front fenders are half way done cant get it to where im happy with it. it has a small gap where it meets the gas tank cover but within time ill eventually get it. no pics yet but hopefully soon

good job so far i love thecolor of the frame! how long did it take you to and all parts? and what grits?

It took me a week i think, workin 4 to 6 hours a night on it. i used 100 grit first then went over all the rusty and rough spots with 220 then wet sanded with 400 then primer then paint. it came out really well ill have to get a close up of it.

nice job did ken do any engine work? or did he just keep it stock? either way you should rest knowing that it is put together very well.

nice job did ken do any engine work? or did he just keep it stock? either way you should rest knowing that it is put together very well.
Ken put a new crank in one bottom end and bored both cylinders. for the most part its stock. and yea hes work looks really good

Heres what the raptor fenders look like. still need a little smoothing down and some holes drilled. havent messed with them much lately since ive decided to go with the yfz fenders. if for some reason i use the raptor fenders ill paint these black and probably trim the backs down.
5dqj2h.jpg

6nse4y.jpg

a1ntwh.jpg

just noticed the front fenders look uneven but thats because the bolts are not tightened down they are just there to hold them in place and i still have to drill holes for the bottom brackets and for the rear....thats why theirs a screwdriver holding the plastics up lol

It looks like the batmoblaster...

I like the "other" style fenders. The raptor fenders are a little sharp for my tastes but they look like they fit well.

im thinking with the 03+ hood and a lil sculpting with a dremel and you would have a sharp lookin ride.... i dig
Yea thats what i had originally planned to do, then i changed my mind to the yfz....so no hood needed now lol.

Still waiting on parts to fix the other motor, so ive been trying to get the other blaster ready to be put together. heres some random pics
213ltmt.jpg

2rpbhuv.jpg

2rgklc2.jpg

Wasnt the exact color i was looking for but it turned out good....its a little dusty and smudged up in the pic but cleaned up it looks like new car paint lol

Last edited:
finally got my cases in today so hopefully i can get the white/gold one running by the end of the week

I like where your going with the green one
Looks close to the green i used on my old blaster